Took the AK to Eagle gun range Lewisville finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the AK to Eagle gun range Lewisville finally

Put about 140 rounds of Walmart Tula thru the Zastava I picked up on here a couple months back. Not one issue...fed every round perfectly. Damn these guns get HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Put about 140 rounds of Walmart Tula thru the Zastava I picked up on here a couple months back. Not one issue...fed every round perfectly. Damn these guns get HOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had the same experience with my WASR. It goes bang with every trigger pull. This Christmas I will put a decent red dot on it and see if it can group decent too. As an AR guy and a vet, I hate thinking an AKM variant could become my shtf rifle.

Comment

I donated my last AR to a fund raiser benefiting a friend of a friend whose son has cancer...

I'm 100% AK now
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Im left handed so the AK makes the most sense to me, but ak's do get hot as shit

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          I donated my last AR to a fund raiser benefiting a friend of a friend whose son has cancer...

I'm 100% AK now
          That is hardcore. What different AKs do you have? Go all out and get an Arsenal or other actual Russian variant?

Comment

A to the muthafuckin' K?

Comment

nah, just a bunch of cheap junk, but they go bang every time
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                nah, just a bunch of cheap junk, but they go bang every time
                It's funny you say this. I looked at about 30 different AKs in a pretty good shop in San Antonio. I ended up with a WASR that had a decent mag well (not too much play) and a pretty decently aligned front sight. I figured I could refinish it and have an okay rifle. I did refinish it and have been very happy with it. I got one of those cheap green canvas / leather AK slings for it too. Now I just need a pile of steel mags for it and more bullets.

After seeing and touching every grade of AK from cheap WASR on up to some of the nicer Arsenal offerings I left with the WASR. I had a CC that I get airline miles on so price wasn't much of an issue, but I ended up with what I thought was a better value.

In the AR and AK world 2X or 3X the price rarely means it's 2X or 3X as good. I'd put a cheap AR build or a cheap AK up against a lot of higher dollar ones every time. People that look down on the cheap kit ARs and AKs are silly IMO.

Anyone looking for a survival rifle remember for the cost of a high dollar AR or AK, you could get a very good AR and AK, a sling, a sidearm (glock, XD or M&P, CZ or EAA) and some ammo...... I'd recommend the less expensive route with a sidearm and extra ammo any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                  Im left handed so the AK makes the most sense to me, but ak's do get hot as shit
                  And its amazing to me how quickly they get "hot as shit". Really after one mag the barrel is too hot to touch. And it takes a while for them to cool down. Burn fingers many times on AK barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                    And its amazing to me how quickly they get "hot as shit". Really after one mag the barrel is too hot to touch. And it takes a while for them to cool down. Burn fingers many times on AK barrels.
                    That's the main reason I've never been interested in the ar piston conversion kits.

Think of those poor kids burning their widdle hands in those 3rd world countries...
                    Last edited by War Machine; 10-31-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

When the world ends, I want an AK. Fuck a bunch of down time due to cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        When the world ends, I want an AK. Fuck a bunch of down time due to cleaning.
                        That was my primary reason for going the AK route. My SKS is just as reliable but is too long. I think I will be adding a collapsible/adjustable stock and a sling but thats probably about it.

Comment

I just put the midwest industries scope mount on my AK with a Primary Arms 2.5X prismatic. I can't wait to take it to the range to see what it will do regularly at 50 to 100 yards. I may actually start reloading 7.62x39 too of all the really crazy things to do since that stuff is cheap.

Comment

i reload x39 and i wouldn't suggest it overall
                            some reasons -

1. too cheap to purchase steel already at .25, so you are wasting time if all you want to do is blast. Might be worth blasting with if you want the accuracy advantage of reloads and that really means you need an AR in x39 (which i do have)
                            2. brass is harder to come by and expensive, also easily damaged by AK actions
                            3. it's only REALLY worth reloading it if you want to hunt with it, then you can do the soft point 150's

hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                              i reload x39 and i wouldn't suggest it overall
                              some reasons -

1. too cheap to purchase steel already at .25, so you are wasting time if all you want to do is blast. Might be worth blasting with if you want the accuracy advantage of reloads and that really means you need an AR in x39 (which i do have)
                              2. brass is harder to come by and expensive, also easily damaged by AK actions
                              3. it's only REALLY worth reloading it if you want to hunt with it, then you can do the soft point 150's

hope that helps
                              It makes sense for the cast bullet guys, and the ones that load light small game loads in with .32acp bullets. Really though, you'd be better off with a CZ-527, if that's what the goal was.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X