Colt shutdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt shutdown?

I did read that the London plant was shutdown recently. Do not sell your Colts if there is any truth to this. Does anyone have any other info? Someone said that the banks closed the doors yesterday.

Colt Defense LLC warned that it could default by the end of the year, as the privately owned company, which has suffered from declining demand for rifles and handguns, is likely to miss a payment to bondholders.

The gun maker faces a $10.9 million payment to bondholders Nov. 17, according to a filing on Wednesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. If Colt skips the payment, it will enter a 30-day grace period, but without payment by Dec. 15 it will be in default and bondholders can demand immediate, full payment.

Colt, which is controlled by investment firm Sciens Capital Management LLC, had $248.8 million outstanding on the bonds as of June 29. The bonds were trading in the mid-30 cents on the dollar—deep in distressed territory—on Thursday.

Sciens declined to comment.

I don't understand why they have such a hard time, when I think of colt, I think of a great gun company

Comment

With so many companies making the same guns at a lower price point its easy to see.

Comment

Not everybody wants to pay for Colt quality. I am a big fan and would be sad if they go under, although a lot of my favorites are discontinued models anyway. I just bought a 40 year old Colt today, in fact.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Someone else will buy and keep chugging along.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Someone else will buy and keep chugging along.
            Hopefully someone that can run the business, and not ruin the company and its name.

I like my Colts.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Colt has had their heads up their asses for two decades. The name Colt will never die though (just like armalite, springfield armory, etc).
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Colt has had their heads up their asses for two decades. The name Colt will never die though (just like armalite, springfield armory, etc).
                This. I'd look for FN to make a play for them. They're already in a position to scoop up a lot of military contracts, if Colt folds.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  So true, they have slid by on their name and past reputation for quality for the past two decades.

Comment

Group buy for the company?
                    sigpic

Comment

colt = overpriced

Comment

freedom group must be licking its chops as well

Almost all of their pistols are 1911s, I wonder why they didnt get into the glock/SA composite game they could probably have got an infusion of capital by doing so

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                          colt = overpriced
                          They are $660 new in box with 5 magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            freedom group must be licking its chops as well

Almost all of their pistols are 1911s, I wonder why they didnt get into the glock/SA composite game they could probably have got an infusion of capital by doing so
                            They tried and failed miserably.

Comment

Everything they make is???? Was the article just about one product?

Comment

Working...
                              X