Sporterize Mosin Nagant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporterize Mosin Nagant

Saw some black Friday deals on Mosins and thought about getting one to sporterize. Anybody done this?

My cousin has. Even with crazy upgrades don't expect much.

Get a K31.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      My cousin has. Even with crazy upgrades don't expect much.

Get a K31.
      I would really like to have a K31. The prices are getting crazy on those to the point I would throw in the towel and get a K98. I am just looking to build a tough 100 yard hog gun.

Comment

Just about any rifle on the planet can take a hog at 100yds.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My Dad built a nice one from a 1932 tula arsenal rifle. Archangel stock, Rock solid industries scope mount, and bent bolt handle, UTG bipod, with a Bushnell scope for now. I dont think he's took it out yet though.
          Last edited by F8LSVT; 11-27-2014, 04:48 PM.
          1990 GT

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
            I would really like to have a K31. The prices are getting crazy on those to the point I would throw in the towel and get a K98. I am just looking to build a tough 100 yard hog gun.
            They are $300, accurate as can be, surplus ammo out there, and all surplus ammo is non-corrosive match grade.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

A Savage Axis is $300-$400 with a scope.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                And that is where I am at. Looking at the stuff I would need (Stock, Bolt Handle, Scope Mount) would easily but the Nagant in that range. I have a Rem 700 AAC-SD that drives tacks but is not practical walking thru mesquite trees. Just wanted something to play around with and not care about dents and scratches.

Comment

And that is where I am at. Looking at the stuff I would need (Stock, Bolt Handle, Scope Mount) would easily but the Nagant in that range. I have a Rem 700 AAC-SD that drives tacks but is not practical walking thru mesquite trees. Just wanted something to play around with and not care about dents and scratches.
                  That thing ain't sacred! Use it!
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Wellllll, I do happen to have an Axis (.308) with a Bushnell Trophy XLT mounted and sighted. It can be yours for $350.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That thing ain't sacred! Use it!
                      LOL true....But that bull barreled tripod sucker is heavy. I really wasn't looking for one but a guy had one new in the box he wanted to trade for an O/U I had.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                        Wellllll, I do happen to have an Axis (.308) with a Bushnell Trophy XLT mounted and sighted. It can be yours for $350.
                        Thanks for the offer. I like those Axis rifles but want I am really looking for an old military rifle to sporterize.

Comment

The mosin is a great historic rifle and it's fun to shoot. That said sporterizing one is a bad idea. It's too long to be a good brush / utility rifle. You'd be better off saving a bit more and getting a savage carbine or a CZ carbine.

Comment

Working...
                          X