The holster search begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The holster search begins

Well, with a CHL comes the daunting chore of finding the right holster, as well as carry position. My first instinct was appendix carry, due to my size. Being 5'8" and ~130 lbs, concealing a handgun of almost any size was going to be a chore. I decided on a Springfield XDS in 9 mm. I felt that carrying on the front side would allow me to conceal the gun a bit more easily. So, I set out to find a holster. I googled, researched, and read as much as I could. Decided that I wanted a single clip kydex holster. I felt additional layers/parts would lead to bulk that I wouldn't be able to hide. I came across www.4cornersconcealment.com in one of my many searches. Their prices were good, I could add some "flare" and come out cheaper than most any other custom kydex holster I could find. Adjustable clip, adjustable tension, placed an order and waited.
    In the meantime I relied on the sticky holster I bought right after I purchased the gun just to keep it protected. This allowed me some flexibility to try different locations as well. So far, I prefer appendix. I can ride in the car without removing the holster, I have quick access if the need should arise, and my firearm remains fairly hidden. The negatives, I still feel as though the handle is printing. This goes back to my frame and current mode of dress. I need to try and find shirts that are a tad bigger and don't look like they are swallowing me whole. Belts are pretty much a no go with me carrying on the front side. It makes me look like an ethiopian kid with a distended belly button! So, at this point I see some additional holsters in my near future, maybe a supertuck or alien holster to try something in the 5-7 o'clock range.

On to the pictures

Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Sorry for the long post. Hoping that maybe my journey through this may help someone else.

As for the holster itself, it appears to be good quality. Being my first kydex holster, I haven't much to compare it to. The fit to my firearm is good. It "locks" into place, yet I can draw without difficulty. All in all, I like the holster, just not 100% sure that it is going to meet my needs long term. Oh, and this is the first time I have posted my ugly mug, so go easy!

Comment

A belt is arguably the most important part of carrying a gun. You need to find a good quality gun belt.

And avoid alien gear.
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Funny I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking for the right holster / belt too. I decided to go the all leather route and ordered a quality gun belt and a holster from El Paso Saddlery. I'd have ordered the belt from EPS too, but they just aren't cheap. I hope it all works. I'm trying to hide an XDm 9. I will probably get a few 1911 holsters too and a Sig P220/226/227 one as well, and eventually a G29 one after I have a G29.

Comment

gangster. dont blow your dick off bro!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            gangster. dont blow your dick off bro!
            Have never been concerned with this. Proper discipline, understanding the function of the firearm, and being aware of what you are doing makes it a non issue.

I would live to carry at the 3 o'clock position and be ready for high noon, or have it disappear at tbe 5-6 o'clock, but being a scrawny fucker, it makes it hard in a lot of every day situations

Comment

I love my double layer bull hide belt from A Better Belt in Houston. Give your money to a Texas company!
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Good looking holster. +1 on a good heavy duty belt.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  And avoid alien gear.
                  Shouldn't you wait till you have been carrying longer than a day to give advice?

Comment

Shot that damn poodle.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by pmike646 View Post
                      Shouldn't you wait till you have been carrying longer than a day to give advice?
                      I'm not new to all this.
                      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I just received my order from Crossbreed and it looks like I accidentally ordered the appendix carry holster for an XDs instead of an XDm 3.8 like I have. If you are around northeast Dallas (Sachse) and wanted to try it before you considered buying one, let me know. And if you like it I will make you a deal. It isn't doing me any good and I haven't put it up for sale yet.

Comment

Quit wearing skinny jeans and put that shit in your pocket. When asked for your wallet, it just looks natural, when reaching into the pocket. Then the dipshit robbing you has no idea you are about to shoot him in the eye.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I carry 5 o'clock position with crossbreed holster. To me the appendix position looks uncomfortable.
                            Last edited by 1AdamLopez; 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

How the hell do you guys sit down carrying appendix? I love the style of carry and have tried it but sitting down was a bitch.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                              X