lever gun face off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lever gun face off

Yalls personal experience greatly appreciated. All in .357/.38 or maybe even .45lc.
    Marlin 1894
    Rossi m/r92
    Henry big boy
    Uberti 1873
    Other?

Mainly interested in accuracy, feeding issues, and fit/finish. Who wins?
    Marlin 1894
    0%
    Rossi 92
    0%
    Henry Big Boy
    0%
    Uberti 1873
    0%
    Other I didn't mention?
    0%

Henry hands down!
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So no to uberti? I only ask because I have a possible trade options on a 1873 uberti. They are stupid expensive on GB. I do love henry tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        I do love henry tho...
        Have you told him?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Have you told him?
          I lol'ed. Fuck off brad!

Comment

Henry. Run from Marlin and Brazilian bullshit.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

my aunt gave me a winchester 1873 that she had in a closet. needs a couple things though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pappa pump View Post
                my aunt gave me a winchester 1873 that she had in a closet. needs a couple things though.

Nice!! I got nothin other then, awesome!

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Henry. Run from Marlin and Brazilian bullshit.
                So I've heard. At least about marlin. Got bought out and quality control took a shit...

Comment

So I've heard. At least about marlin. Got bought out and quality control took a shit...
                  Yeah man, really sad to see it happen. I have taken pre and post freedom group marlins apart and the new ones are horrifying.

The Henry really is the way to go. I learned most of what I know about it from CJ and if he sings the praises of a gun, that shit is generally an excellent firearm. From what I understand they are just indestructible.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Incredible build quality, made in the USA. Better bust out the checkbook though. I'm eyeing one of their custom guns.

Last edited by CJ; 12-05-2014, 10:45 PM.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Incredible build quality, made in the USA. Better bust out the checkbook though. I'm eyeing one of their custom guns.
                      Their build quality isn't what you think it is. They're clunky as hell, and the lack of a side loading gate on ANY MODEL makes them gay as fuck. They're not total shit, but Winchester still builds a better lever gun, also in America (or Japan, depending on the model), and if they don't have a caliber you're into (they do), a custom order from Cimarron/Taylor's & Co., or Uberti isn't a bad way to go. Don't bother with a Henry, if you can avoid it. They're a budget gun masquerading as high end.
                      Last edited by YALE; 12-06-2014, 01:03 AM.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So no to uberti? I only ask because I have a possible trade options on a 1873 uberti. They are stupid expensive on GB. I do love henry tho...
                        Ubertis are pretty solid.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Stock photo, buy my dad has two original Winchester Golden spike's. Never fired. He's getting old to the point where he can't really take care of em so he said I can have them.

Oh I voted for the 1894 good brush gun.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I voted marlin as long as it's pre remington

Comment

Well I got a hit on my golani from some board member named ace2985. He has a uberti 1873 .357 rifle. Definately interested depending on condition. Problem is, it's been almost 3 days and he has not responded to my pm's... if anyone knows this cat, shoot him a dang text or email and have em log back in so we can talk/deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X