Crossbow Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossbow Help...

My buddies wife wants to buy him a crossbow for Xmas. She asked me for some help but I know nothing about them. She wants to stay around the $500-$600 range at the most. Got online & looked at Dicks Sporting Goods & they have a Carbon Express Covert CX1 Package on sale for $349.98. They also have a Wicked Ridge Invader HP Multi-Line Package for $499.99 & a Barnett Headhunter Carbon Lite Package for $599.99. Would you fellas recommend any of these three or something else? This will be his first crossbow & has never hunted with one. Any help would be great...

Thanks!

I shoot a compound so dont know a WHOLE lot about them but I know you can get a better priced setup at Cabelas.

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

Even the Cabelas brand crossbows seem to have good reviews.

Comment

Be careful buying used. I can't remember which one, but one of the high end crossbows has a safety switch recall. They were going off by thereselves
      Photobucket

Comment

She went ahead and ordered the Carbon Express Covert CX1 Package from Dicks. It was on sale online for $349 plus free shipping. Thanks fellas...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
          She went ahead and ordered the Carbon Express Covert CX1 Package from Dicks. It was on sale online for $349 plus free shipping. Thanks fellas...
          That's a decent set up, and a great price I think the packages for this bowis usually around 600. The only draw back I have heard is they have a long trigger like the ten points. I think she'll be happy
          Photobucket

Comment

Barnett started putting a safety shield on them cause people were chopping the tips of their thumbs off.
            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
              http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...gers/19191991/

Barnett started putting a safety shield on them cause people were chopping the tips of their thumbs off.
              No kidding? I haven't heard about that
              Photobucket

Comment

Sorry I've missed this thread, but I bought 2 Barnett BCX crossbows last year for deer season. My boys and I have taken 9 deer with them so far. It fires a bold 365 fps, and it is devastating.

It will easily penetrate 2 layers of police kevlar vests and go another 6" in penetration.

Just read the directions and keep your fingers clear of the path of the string like the instructions say... DUH!

Comment

Working...
                X