No announcement yet.

Carrying feels like a brick on my belt :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In continuing our line of popular S.O.E. belts, we present the S.O.E. EDC Belt. A 1.5" belt featuring a 1" Cobra Buckle. The 1.5" width fits through standard pant loops of all manufacturers. Available in a range of color options to suit your needs, this belt?will last you longer than the pants you wear it with. We reco

Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      lolz.....please someone come in and one up Mr 4 pistols at a time. please. now i aint calling you a liar, but on the outside chance you aint lying, you dumb as fuck.

god bless.
      One of the J frames from my pocket is what goes into the ankle holster. I don't carry 4 guns at once. When you and I meet before I was carrying the 3 like I mentioned. I am ambidextrous; that is why I carry a J frame in each front pocket. They are Airweight models and seem to vanish in your pocket until you need them. I carry the HP because it is a personal favorite and I don't ever want to be without one.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

How does that saying go? Carrying a gun should not necessarily be comfortable, it should be comforting.

I don't really have an issue with my Crossbreed knockoff, but I will admit that my body shape certainly helps. I'm not a skinny guy, and smooshing all that mess together holds everything nice and snug at about 4 o'clock. This is carrying a 4" XD40 with 13 rounds. Rarely do I forget that it is there, but it's not necessarily uncomfortable either.

I don't carry as much as I did at first, but that is mostly because I don't want a co-worker to "spot" it and out me to HR. While I have found no specific written policy against carrying at work, I am hesitant to take the chance as the company has become far more "Corporate", and they are mostly Canadians..

To echo what has been said over and over, a good quality gun belt is going to make the most impact. But if you just cannot find something that works for you, going to a smaller pistol in pocket carry should help.

Comment

And wait 6-8 weeks for a belt? No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            How does that saying go? Carrying a gun should not necessarily be comfortable, it should be comforting.

I don't really have an issue with my Crossbreed knockoff, but I will admit that my body shape certainly helps. I'm not a skinny guy, and smooshing all that mess together holds everything nice and snug at about 4 o'clock. This is carrying a 4" XD40 with 13 rounds. Rarely do I forget that it is there, but it's not necessarily uncomfortable either.

I don't carry as much as I did at first, but that is mostly because I don't want a co-worker to "spot" it and out me to HR. While I have found no specific written policy against carrying at work, I am hesitant to take the chance as the company has become far more "Corporate", and they are mostly Canadians..

To echo what has been said over and over, a good quality gun belt is going to make the most impact. But if you just cannot find something that works for you, going to a smaller pistol in pocket carry should help.
            I carry a 4" XD .45ACP at 3 o'clock IWB in a Holster Kings ten dollar holster, and have for years. While I never forget it's there, it gives me no problems whatsoever.

I've been known to occasionally carry the 5" XD .45ACP (dubbed the Tactical model by Springfield Armory) in the same position. Huge gun, but still no issues.
            Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

That's my thought process

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                I carry a 4" XD .45ACP at 3 o'clock IWB in a Holster Kings ten dollar holster, and have for years. While I never forget it's there, it gives me no problems whatsoever.

I've been known to occasionally carry the 5" XD .45ACP (dubbed the Tactical model by Springfield Armory) in the same position. Huge gun, but still no issues.
                Nice! I miss my XD 45 Service Model. Good capacity vs. weight. Mine also had the external safety. Really want to get a Glock 21 so I can throw in a 10mm conversion barrel into it, don't know if the XD offers that or not. What belt are you using with it?

Comment

Have you ever thought about going to a different holster. I went back and tried the HK the other day and it just adds so much bulk. I'm currently using a Raven VG2 and I plan on ordering the Eidelon
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I'm actually debating getting rid of the .40 and moving to the .45. The size is exactly the same and I can use the same holsters I already have. The main reason is that I'm thinking of adding an XDS .45 for daily carry, still want to have a full size, and would rather not have 2 different calibers.

Comment

I'm thinking of adding an XDS .45 for daily carry
                      SA supposedly has the xds .40s in the pipeline....

After looking at the dimensions I ruled out the wait

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        SA supposedly has the xds .40s in the pipeline....

After looking at the dimensions I ruled out the wait

I think .40 would be a bad choice for an xds.

why don't you like the dimensions?
                        2012 GT500

Comment

I'm actually debating getting rid of the .40 and moving to the .45. The size is exactly the same and I can use the same holsters I already have. The main reason is that I'm thinking of adding an XDS .45 for daily carry, still want to have a full size, and would rather not have 2 different calibers.
                          I have been debating the same, consolidating to one caliber, 9mm. My .40 XDSC shoots so well i have a hard time parting with it
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            I think .40 would be a bad choice for an xds.

why don't you like the dimensions?
                            The difference between the width of xds and xd compact is like .25" and minimal weight loss. The benefits just didnt outweigh the loss of mag size (and compatability).

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                              The difference between the width of xds and xd compact is like .25" and minimal weight loss. The benefits just didnt outweigh the loss of mag size (and compatability).
                              Might not seem like much, but it is a world of difference between the two.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Nice! I miss my XD 45 Service Model. Good capacity vs. weight. Mine also had the external safety. Really want to get a Glock 21 so I can throw in a 10mm conversion barrel into it, don't know if the XD offers that or not. What belt are you using with it?
                                Some no name leather gun belt I picked up at the Ft. Worth gun show a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X