Sig brace definitive ban (to shoulder) 1/16/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig brace definitive ban (to shoulder) 1/16/15

"The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item. Any individual letters stating otherwise are contrary to the plain language of the NFA, misapply Federal law, and are hereby revoked.

Any person who intends to use a handgun stabilizing brace as a shoulder stock on a pistol (having a rifled barrel under 16 inches in length or a smooth bore firearm with a barrel under 18 inches in length) must first file an ATF Form 1 and pay the applicable tax because the resulting firearm will be subject to all provisions of the NFA."

Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 11.5 upper last month, figured this was coming eventually

Comment

So is Sig pulling it from the market? How would the ATF know what your intentions were? This shit is messy.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So that is stating that it's not meant to be used as a shoulder stock, and if used (caught in the act of using) as a shoulder stock you better have it Form1'd as a SBR? Basically use the brace as it was intended and do not get caught using it differently unless you have the correct paperwork for firearm classification.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          ...contrary to the plain language of the NFA...
          So crazy.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            So that is stating that it's not meant to be used as a shoulder stock, and if used (caught in the act of using) as a shoulder stock you better have it Form1'd as a SBR?
            Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              So is Sig pulling it from the market? How would the ATF know what your intentions were? This shit is messy.
              from what I read, the brace is still legal, just can't shoulder it

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                from what I read, the brace is still legal, just can't shoulder it
                Making it pointless for pretty much everybody.

Comment

Now just wait for them to start prosecuting folks posting pictures and YouTube videos shooting them shouldered.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Meh.

Comment

I see a lot of pistol uppers for sale soon.
                      Originally posted by Marisa
                      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Now just wait for them to start prosecuting folks posting pictures and YouTube videos shooting them shouldered.

Some shit that ran across my facebook feed.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                          I see a lot of pistol uppers for sale soon.

I'm game.

Comment

resting a pistol buffer tube on your solder is still not illegal
                            Last edited by John -- '02 HAWK; 01-16-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                              resting a pistol buffer tube on your solder still not illegal
                              Is that a question or a statement?

Comment

Working...
                              X