Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any peeps in the Anna ISD? Help district decide CHL for teachers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any peeps in the Anna ISD? Help district decide CHL for teachers!

Go to that meeting and help sway the masses!

Anna, TX--Teachers in the Anna Independent School District, could soon be allowed to carry guns in the classroom.

"It allows selected individuals to posses weapons on campus. To protect the children and themselves."

Anna ISD Superintendent Pete Slaughter, said the district is considering allowing select teachers to carry firearms inside the school.

Slaughter said, teachers would need to get their Concealed Handgun License, undergo a psychological screening, and participate in required training.

"On going training," Slaughter said, "not just train one time and your finished."

Lt. Caponera said Anna Police plans to help out with the training process. The department has a use of force training simulator that teaches people how to deal with active shooter and hostage situations.

"We would work together, partner up with the school district," Caponera said. "Send them through some scenarios. They're basically use of force, shoot, don't shoot type of scenarios.

It's the type of security many parents in the community are happy to see implemented.

Tami Boda a parent and grandparent said she's open to any program that keeps children in the district safe.

"I think any kind of training that teachers could get to help keep our kids safe is the best for our children," she said.

The I-S-D has nearly 3 thousand students across five campuses and one school resource officer to keep them safe. Police said, they have requested a grant to fund one more officer to patrol the campuses.

They won't know till June if it's approved. A meeting is set on Feb. 12th, at 7:00 p.m. in the Anna High School Auditorium, located at 1107 Rosamond Parkway, to hear public opinionon the implementation of the program.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

I find it humorous that a guy named slaughter is pushing something that would prevent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      I find it humorous that a guy named slaughter is pushing something that would prevent one.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'm out of Van Alstyne, but from what I see of Anna and just plain on principle - I support them carrying.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Ain't
          No
          Nihggas
          Allowed
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm in Van Alstyne also, and have a sister in law that subs in Anna. She has a chl and I'm sure she would carry if allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              I'm out of Van Alstyne, but from what I see of Anna and just plain on principle - I support them carrying.
              lmao...I'm in Anna for now. We were warned not to put out kids there so they're going to Princeton for the rest of this year. Hopefully we can transfer them to VA next year.

Comment

My 6 yr old in in van alstyne and its a great school. We transferred her from denton isd where we were told by her teacher that she was not sure how to challenge her. Now she was actually behind a bit when we moved over xmas break.

I would support this no issue.

Comment

If I were not so lazy and anti-social - I'd say lets organize an Anna/VA/Sherman type GTG.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

^^ i would be down to meet up and put some faces to names. I am almost done swapping a new trans in my c10 and looking for a reason to go stretch its legs a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      My 6 yr old in in van alstyne and its a great school. We transferred her from denton isd where we were told by her teacher that she was not sure how to challenge her. Now she was actually behind a bit when we moved over xmas break.

I would support this no issue.
                      I hope you don't mind me asking but did you move to VA or just pay the transfer fee? We tried to transfer them but the 5 grade was at max capacity so we were SOL. I'm hoping we can get them in next year since I don't think we'll be done building by then.

I'm down for a meet!

Comment

Working...
                      X