Any good deals for shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good deals for shotguns?

I went and shot some skeet yesterday to get out of the house. And now I have a hankering. Have any of you folks seen a good deal out there recently?

What are you looking for? A skeet only gun?

Price range?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      What are you looking for? A skeet only gun?

Price range?
      Skeet only would be a good start. I rather get a great deal than just buy the cheapest thing out there. Ideally it would be sub $500. I know shotguns start around $200 but I don't want garbage.

Comment

I wonder if I can work up a partial trade for one of my AR's

Comment

Don't be afraid to drop a little more on a quality shotgun. When it comes to shotguns, cheap shit ain't good and good shit ain't cheap.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Benelli supernova/thread.

Comment

If you're not going a lot (more than once a month or 2), there's no sense in much over 500. DOHCTR has access to alot more funds than us regular folk.

Have you tried sporting clays, 5 stand or trap? I would see if you like those before getting set on a dedicated skeet gun (Most likely o/u or sxs). In that range a stoeger condor is probably your best bet For dedicated skeet shooting.

Comment

What DOHCTR said. You can get something that will last for a season or two, but the cheapest Turkish, Chinese, and Russian shotguns are fucking time bombs. I've had guys try to sell me shotguns with the barrels separating from the chambers, and tell me, "it still locks up gud. What's the prollum?" "Well, Cletus, I can see the inside of the chamber with the barrels closed, so I will not be buying your scrap metal today." MORAL: Spring for a good gun. CZ is about as cheap as you want to go with an over/under, if that's what you're after, but if you can swing it, get a Browning, Benelli, or a Beretta. Take your time, feel all of them up like you tried to do girls in Junior High, and pick one that fits you. You will enjoy shooting it, and that will make you actually want to shoot it.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Benelli supernova/thread.
                  Do not expect to win a skeet tournament with a pump. This shouldn't even make the list for dedicated skeet.

Comment

Who's talking about a tournament?

Comment

I also want to point out that feel and balance are very important in clay shooting. Hold a few Before buying any. The simple advice of spending more money is terrible...as you will be better off buying a 400 gun and spending 600 to practice than spending 1000 on a gun alone. This is pending you're on a budget, obviously if you ball out of control then spend a tad more.

Alot of skeet guys like O/Us because they allow 2 different chokes at once and for reliability fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Who's talking about a tournament?
                        He's talking about a dedicated skeet gun...and even if it's not a tourney...that's a terrible choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          He's talking about a dedicated skeet gun...and even if it's not a tourney...that's a terrible choice.
                          I've never even shot a shotgun, I just like the name.

Comment

I happen to have a Beretta White Wing for sale.

I agree, the sub 600ish guns have a place and can be useful. However, for anything other than basics they seem a little fragile. Then around 800+ things get interesting.

That does not necessarily mean a 2K+ shotgun is what you need either.

I'd look for good reviews, nice ejectors, some art and crap that you like on the side. Ease of breakdown and what feels best when messing around with it.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This thread may be helpful

Hey guys, I have just got my residency status in the UK and I will be proceeding to obtain my shotgun certificate to go water fowling in the area next year (hopefully). I have checked with my council area and thames valley police department and I have confirmed that even though its an extensive process I can import a firearm
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X