Rifle case size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle case size

So, the new rifle (Remington 700) I have is 40" long. I'm looking at the Pelican 1720 or 1750. The 1720 has 42" of interior space and the 1750 has 50.5". Obviously, it'll fit in the 1750, but I'm not liking the thought of such a big case (53"L). Also, should I ever put a muzzle brake on the 700, it'd extend the barrel another inch or two. Or, I could just remove the brake for travel?

Would having only 1" of foam on either side of the rifle be enough? That's what lingering on my mind. My current rifle case for the AR has 1.5" of padding on either side, and traveling, that's done me just fine. So, wondering would losing 1/2" be detrimental.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

removing crap every time you use a rifle is a pita imho.

Get the 50.0 inch case

Comment

I'm in the same boat and I'm opting for the 1750. I hate pulling stuff on my rifles just to fit them in a case. If you're shooting a .308 and are going to do any great amount of shooting, you're going to want that break sooner rather than later.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I chose the 1750 and placed the order.

Haven't shot the .308. Mounted the scope and bore sighted it with a laser, but the weather hasn't cooperated for me to go punch paper.

Now...good places to get foam?
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          I chose the 1750 and placed the order.

Haven't shot the .308. Mounted the scope and bore sighted it with a laser, but the weather hasn't cooperated for me to go punch paper.

Now...good places to get foam?
          Search the Armory for "cases" and you'll find a thread with link for local places.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
          X