Texas CHL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas CHL question

My wife may have the opportunity to relocate outside Phoenix for work, and I can transfer anywhere.

If we were to move will my CHL become invalid since Id be a non resident?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

It shows to be here, but id contact someone just in case.
    Explore our visual guide to understand and compare gun laws across all 50 states. Learn the impact on safety, key factors to consider, and the variations in state gun laws. Stay informed, stay safe.

Once you are a Az resident they are a right to carry state if i remember right. no chl needed.

Comment

But his Texas CHL would no longer be valid if I understand it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        But his Texas CHL would no longer be valid if I understand it correctly.
        I believe this is true.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It would become a Non-Resident CHL. When you move and get a new address you would simply fill out a lost CHL form with your new out of state residence and they would mail it to you.

I went through this when I moved to VA.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
            It would become a Non-Resident CHL. When you move and get a new address you would simply fill out a lost CHL form with your new out of state residence and they would mail it to you.

Good to know!

Comment

Thanks! Is renewal the same process?
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                Thanks! Is renewal the same process?
                Honestly I'm not sure, when I did mine (2012) I thought you had to take the class again etc. However I thought I read on here we now just have to resubmit the application. Mine expires this year so I guess I need to find out soon.

Comment

Honestly I'm not sure, when I did mine (2012) I thought you had to take the class again etc. However I thought I read on here we now just have to resubmit the application. Mine expires this year so I guess I need to find out soon.
                  I dont know if it applies to out of state, but my renewal was quick and easy online.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                  X