Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer offers cash to carry

Betcha they won't be robbed anytime soon:
    DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) – Getting paid extra, to carry a firearm.

A local attorney said he is giving his employees a $50 bonus each month if they choose to conceal carry.

“I was like so you’re going to give me $50 to carry a pistol? And he was like, yup that’s what we’ll do. Well sign me up,” said paralegal for Puryear Law P.C. Elizabeth Payne.

Carrying her gun at work gets her $50 extra each month from her boss.

“It’s a pretty big factor in buying a purse, honestly,” said Payne. “If my gun can’t fit, I can’t buy it, so I always have it with me.”

She didn’t have a permit before she started working for Puryear Law, but now she said she can’t imagine being without it.

“Having been in a situation where I did fear for my safety, knowing that I have something that if I were to be put in a situation like that again, I would be able to protect myself is a huge comfort,” she said.

Her boss, attorney Eric Puryear said it’s about encouraging safe gun ownership.

“About four years ago I thought well, I’d like to see more employees exercise their right to carry if they so choose, how can I incentivize that?” he said.

Since then he said he’s had almost every employee carrying, but right now it’s just him and Payne.

“It’s every person’s choice,” said Puryear. “If someone doesn’t want to own a gun, I’m not going to try to make them. If someone does want to own a gun, I think that’s their constitutional right as well and I encourage that.”

Receptionist Katrina Heyl said her family doesn’t own a gun and doesn’t plan to at this point.

“I’ve mentioned the idea of us getting a gun though,” said Heyl. “It’s a sensitive subject in my house though, we have a five year old son, so it takes a lot of precautions with something like that.”

Puryear is also an NRA instructor and has held the permit class to three employees in the last month.

“I think that responsible and safe gun ownership is just a good thing for each individual,” he said. “It’s a good thing for society and if I can encourage it I think it’s kind of my duty to do that.”
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Applause...

Comment

Hell yeah I'll carry for a couple extra bucks. Or is the attorney in some deep shit where someone may kick the door in and shoot up his office? Then definitely will

Comment

I'll pay $50/MO lol
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Iowa mob must not of liked their performance.

Comment

Originally posted by cooter View Post
            i'll pay $50/mo lol
            No shit!!! Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              I'll pay $50/MO lol
              Same here!
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

This just in, BWW is offering the same deal.

Comment

Working...
                X