Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR Pistols

Worth it?

Looking at a sig sauer 516, and am about 90% close to pulling the trigger on one. I figure if I get one, I can pay my $200 for the SBR and once arrives I can shoulder fire the sig.

Can anyone here talk me out of it? They look fun to shoot and it will probably be only shot on private land.

If you can find one it would be cool to just get one of the factory SBRs.

The Sig braces kind of suck and Form 4 approval times are approaching that of Form 1.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      If you can find one it would be cool to just get one of the factory SBRs.

The Sig braces kind of suck and Form 4 approval times are approaching that of Form 1.
      True, but if I build or buy i'd still be playing the waiting game. With an AR Pistol, my mindset is that the gun would be finished (minus optics) so to speak and all I would be waiting on is my tax stamp.

Comment

I have a pair of sbr 7.5" guns and I really like to shoot them. Obviously I dont speak for everyone but I prefer mine over a 16" gun any day for just having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          I have a pair of sbr 7.5" guns and I really like to shoot them. Obviously I dont speak for everyone but I prefer mine over a 16" gun any day for just having fun.
          Same here. I hardly take my 16" with me anymore when I go shooting. I have almost sold it a few times because of that.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

built or bought? if bought, mind telling me what you get?

also what are they chambered in?

Comment

Built, 5.56

Comment

I have a pistol in 300blk, bought the lower and upper and slapped them together. Might sbr it, might not. I did pistol first because no waiting on the transfer. It is mine and if I decide to go sbr all I have to do is wait later, but can still shoot it in the mean time. Made the most sense to me.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Built mine 7.5" 300blk

Comment

I wanted the same thing but why do the AR platform when you go with the gas piston version 556 and get rid of the buffer tube if you want to?

Sig even has a new 556xi that lets you change out barrels and lowers to use 7.62X39mm AR mags, AK mags and .300 blackout.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I wanted the same thing but why do the AR platform when you go with the gas piston version 556 and get rid of the buffer tube if you want to?

Sig even has a new 556xi that lets you change out barrels and lowers to use 7.62X39mm AR mags, AK mags and .300 blackout.
                      Most pistol builds are an interim step to the SBR process. Allows you to assemble the gun, enjoy it and work out the kinks while you wait on your form to be approved.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        Most pistol builds are an interim step to the SBR process. Allows you to assemble the gun, enjoy it and work out the kinks while you wait on your form to be approved.
                        yup! that's my plan exactly. since it wont' be shot every range day, i'm really leaning towards 300blk out.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          i'm really leaning towards 300blk out.

Do you reload? Do you plan on shooting suppressed? If neither then don't waste your money and go 5.56/.223. 300blk is not cheap stuff and if this is a fun gun its a huge waste. It really shines subsonic and suppressed. So if you plan on doing that then great, press on. If not, you already have my advise.

Comment

Do you reload? Do you plan on shooting suppressed? If neither then don't waste your money and go 5.56/.223. 300blk is not cheap stuff and if this is a fun gun its a huge waste. It really shines subsonic and suppressed. So if you plan on doing that then great, press on. If not, you already have my advise.
                            Reload, not yet. A co-worker shoots 300blk and reloads his own so I'm going to get with him when I make a purchase so that I can do the same.

Suppressed = absolutely.

This will be 100% for a fun gun. I really appreciate it your advice though, thanks!

Comment

I built one with a 7" barrel and dragonshead comp. I really enjoyed it, but it was one of the loudest fire breathing things I have ever owned.

Comment

Working...
                              X