Thoughts on this Colt or Sig for carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
    My question is which is better between the Sig and Springfield? Is the Springfield worth the few extra dollars?
    They do different things. For my money, the Springfield is a little more controllable. You could also get a Ruger LW Commander. You can hide that gun just fine.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Well, I placed an order for the Sig this morning. One reason being that it's a bit smaller size than the Springfield, and it's also in stock through my distributor.

Comment

The Sig will serve you well. I was looking at an engraved 938 today and thinking I could sell my XDS and replace it with the Sig... now that I have a P229 I don't really need the XDm compact 9mm either. They may both go.

I may pair down to own nothing but Colts, Sigs and a G20 and G29 eventually in my pistols and one Dan Wesson (may be one more in my future in 10mm or an STI).

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          The Sig will serve you well. I was looking at an engraved 938 today and thinking I could sell my XDS and replace it with the Sig... now that I have a P229 I don't really need the XDm compact 9mm either. They may both go.

I may pair down to own nothing but Colts, Sigs and a G20 and G29 eventually in my pistols and one Dan Wesson (may be one more in my future in 10mm or an STI).
          Xds is such a great ccw. My 4" 9mm is a dream
          2012 GT500

Comment

I'm a little late to this thread buy my two cents. I would go with the Defender (or New Agent 1911). What caliber do you carry right now? Do you carry a 9mm or .45 ACP? If you do, go with that one.

I carry either a Government length 1911 or a Commander daily. Both IWB and OWB no problems. I know that's not the thing for everybody but I'm comfortable with that at 230 pounds and 5'8"; so I'm short and fat.

I've carried an Officer's size Kimber a few times (I've owned three of them) but the reliability has been iffy for me so I've gone back to a bigger size 1911. I've also carried a Glock 23, 19, 26, and 27 and felt comfortable with them. I've since sold them all and gone back to a 1911. I'm ok with the size, weight and capacity. I live in an "OK" neighborhood (Oak Cliff) and usually carry just the mag in the gun. If I go out on the weekend I usually carry another mag on me and maybe another mag in the car or maybe two more in my backpack if I'm at a friends house cooking out (I'll bring a backpack with a Bluetooth speaker to listen to music and other stuff like a twelve pack of beer).

I used to be a big proponent of carrying the biggest capacity gun you could carry but I've (rarely) had to use it. The 27 and 26 I could shoot but accuracy went out the window beyond a reasonable distance due to the barrel length and the trigger. The 19 and 23 helped a little but it came down to the same problem. The 1911 I'm good with most "combat" shooting distances, capacity wise I'm still good with; this includes the Office length 1911.

My preference between the two you suggested if weight isn't a consideration would be the Defender. There both similar capacity with weight going to the 938, but the 1911 gets my nod when it goes down to the trigger and what I'm comfortable with especially considering that I already shoot that caliber and gun.

That being said, I wouldn't mind trying a 938 for the weight consideration. When I need to carry light, I carry a Ruger LCR in .38 Special. I haven't tried it in a pocket or ankle gun yet but if wanted to do that I'd give the 938 a try. I just don't know about the trigger or the reliability personally.

Comment

Sig 938, Love me some sig! Ask CJ about how he feels about his two

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                Sig 938, Love me some sig! Ask CJ about how he feels about his two
                Next time either of you two go to the range, I'd like to shoot a mag or two through one to see how they shoot.

Comment

I really wish Sig would make the longslide 938 in 9mm. They just released it in .22lr, and it needs to be in 9mm next.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                    Real men carry colts
                    Let me guess, real men only carry .45 as well?
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Damn straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Well, I dont carry anymore, but nah. I'm a 9mm fan

Comment

They make the XSE I carry in 9mm now, too.

Comment

Don't hate- that used to be you.....
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                              Don't hate- that used to be you.....
                              It did, but I have seen the light
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I carried a compact 1911 with 3.5 barrel was a little bulky and heavy because I am also bigger guy. I carry an XDS now much more comfortable and I really like the fiber optic front sight on it. I did just get a crossbread holsetr that is being shipped I am excited to try it out with it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X