Suppressor Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppressor Recommendations

I'm wanting a suppressor that will work on my 300Blackout, .308, and 5.56. I'd like something that is servicable and thread on would be nice to reduce the cost of addition mounts. All of the cheaper units I've seen appear to be 1 piece and seems like it would be a good idea to be able to disassemble it for cleaning. A friend of mine wondered about using an ultrasonic cleaner and going with a 1 piece unit. I'm looking for recommendations and pricing.

Thank you in advance.

I'd run it on the top 2 and bottom pistol

You shouldn't need to service anything for those calibers. They make enough pressure to blow the shit out the end.

Comment

Serviceable is for pistol calibers, and mostly only .22. Unless you shoot cast rifle bullets, you don't need it.

As for your initial question, it depends on your budget, and how important weight is to you.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Silencerco Specwar 7.62
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Serviceable is for pistol calibers, and mostly only .22. Unless you shoot cast rifle bullets, you don't need it.

As for your initial question, it depends on your budget, and how important weight is to you.
          Like most people I don't want to spend any more than I have to, but I would only like to do it once. Most of my shooting is from a bipod with the exception of the 300, so a little heavier can doesn't bother me as much. I'd like to go as small a sized unit as possible and still be effective on the .308. In the event of a bullet strike, in a 1 piece can, is it repairable or replaced as a unit (do they cut it open, repair/replace baffle, weld back together, etc).

I've seen the cans in the $595-695 range and while that price is alluring, I'd spend more for better quality or function within reason

Comment

Get the omega.

Comment

I have used my SDN6 on my 300 blackout, 308 and 556. It works great on all 3. The 308 is still noticeable since the round is super sonic as is the 556. However both are hearing safe. The blackout is dead quiet with 200 grain bullets.
              I can shoot 10 rounds from the blackout and the can is barely warm. One shot from the 308 and it's hot. 5 shots and you want no part of touching it for 5 mins or so.

Comment

If I had it to do over again I would spend the extra for the the Omega. It ships with the ASR stuff and a 5/8 x 24 direct thread mount/cap. You could sell the brake and be more than half way to picking up their 1/2 x 28 Omega mount/end cap for the 5.56 rifles.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Silencerco Specwar 7.62
                I dont think they have direct thread parts for the specwar series.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  Like most people I don't want to spend any more than I have to, but I would only like to do it once. Most of my shooting is from a bipod with the exception of the 300, so a little heavier can doesn't bother me as much. I'd like to go as small a sized unit as possible and still be effective on the .308. In the event of a bullet strike, in a 1 piece can, is it repairable or replaced as a unit (do they cut it open, repair/replace baffle, weld back together, etc).

I've seen the cans in the $595-695 range and while that price is alluring, I'd spend more for better quality or function within reason
                  small and quiet don't mix when it comes to .308 cans. Generally, anything smaller than a 9" sacrifices efficiency. I would personally recommend a titanium variant that is .300 mag approved, so you get strength and durability. It seems like accuracy is important to you, if that is the case, you'll probably be spending more money to minimize poi shift.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cheap shit is discounted. If this is a "tool" and your life or your customer base depends on it,
                    does it make sense to scrimp in this case? After all when it fails and you get to wait another 6 months for BATF approval CJ words will still be ringing in your ears!

AS CJ said "I'd spend more for better quality or function within reason".

Comment

Working...
                    X