Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some highlights of the open carry bill

- When signed the bill goes into effect the 1 Jan 16

- Existing 30.06 signage (no chl) must be revised or they become useless due to wording changes

- If a location wishes to forbid open carry 30.07 signage must be posted

- Restraint holsters must be taught, but are not required

- Drop leg holsters may not afford some legal protections by not being defined

- Its an offense to have a handgun in plain view in a vehicle, if its not in a shoulder or belt holster.

- Specifically adds text that open carry at schools is not allowed. Even though there is a section on forbidding concealed carry at a school

- A person who is CC and doesnt leave a premise after being told can now be subject to a fine a greater that $200

- It does not appear that the amendment that stated Cities with a population of more than 750,000 can adopt an ordinance prohibiting open carry was included with the senate's version of the bill, and what will be signed

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    - A person who is CC and doesnt leave a premise after being told can now be subject to a fine a greater that $200
    CC only?
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      CC only?
      the rule was changed for CC which is why I noted it

"A license holder commits an offense if the license holder ... received notice that ... entry ... was forbidden". The "offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that ... it is shown on the trial ... the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication ... and subsequently failed to depart"

for open carry "if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication" and the person remains it becomes a Class A misdemeanor.

Comment

So I can wear a gun in my car, but my car can't wear a gun openly.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          It can as long as the car get its CHL

What I'm not clear on is,what if the handgun is in a shoulder or belt holster that is not on the wearer? And/or what if the holster is attached to the car via some undefined method?

Comment

I think the meaning is you can openly carry a holstered handgun, but you can't leave one out on the seat.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              I think the meaning is you can openly carry a holstered handgun, but you can't leave one out on the seat.
              What about strapped under the steering column?

Comment

What about strapped under the steering column?
                - Its an offense to have a handgun in plain view in a vehicle, if its not in a shoulder or belt holster.

That leaves a lot up to the officers discretion

Comment

So under open carry, anyone can open carry no license needed? However to CC, you must have a CHL? Is that how this works?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    So under open carry, anyone can open carry no license needed? However to CC, you must have a CHL? Is that how this works?
                    Nope. As of now, a CHL is required for both.

Also, carry on university campus is passing through easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      No, you must have a valid CHL to carry either concealed or open.

Edit: Denny beat me to it.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Ah ok. I was going to say from what I was reading it looked like a free-for-all, kind of like the clowns at gun ranges. Scary.

Comment

Well it does say that to open carry you need a BMI of over 30. The language in the Neckbeard Amendment to the bill is awesome and will ensure a "People of Walmart" type open carry site.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

- Its an offense to have a handgun in plain view[/B] in a vehicle, if its not in a shoulder or [b]belt holster[b].
                            It also leaves a grey zone if the following would be acceptable since they use a belt holster

Anyone know of a company or ideas for mounting a holster to the center console of a truck? Gun sliding around gets a little annoying.

Comment

Neckbeard, ur uh, I mean Open Carry GTG?
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X