No announcement yet.

Obama’s DOJ To Circumvent Congress With ‘More Than A Dozen’ New Gun Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if this will include smokeless powder making it virtually impossible to reload ammunition...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I promise if they think they can, they will try.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I promise if they think they can, they will try.
        They sure will, they have been for a long time, our national pyrotechnics organization works extremely hard with the ATF trying to keep them off of our backs. Dip shits filming and posting videos of what reactive targets can do have been a real headache for us.

Comment

Sometimes I watch some of the videos and think about the ammo it's giving the big government supporters. Although, mostly it's just people having a good time in a field somewhere.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Sometimes I watch some of the videos and think about the ammo it's giving the big government supporters. Although, mostly it's just people having a good time in a field somewhere.
            It really is, coming from a pyrotechnic perspective it makes me cringe seeing some of them. Knowing the speed at which some of that stuff reacts it's beyond me why some people are so close to metal encased targets (cars, fridges, washer, dryers, etc...). We've all had some good times with that stuff, I wish some used more discretion before posting videos though. I'm sure Alex and the groups he's associated with have the same sentiment about some of the firearm nonsense posted.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasPyro View Post
              It really is, coming from a pyrotechnic perspective it makes me cringe seeing some of them. Knowing the speed at which some of that stuff reacts it's beyond me why some people are so close to metal encased targets (cars, fridges, washer, dryers, etc...). We've all had some good times with that stuff, I wish some used more discretion before posting videos though. I'm sure Alex and the groups he's associated with have the same sentiment about some of the firearm nonsense posted.
              Prime example is my Dad in regards to tannerite. He has a place in the mountains of PA and they blow it up, rattles his windows and I think it broke windows closer to the explosions. All done on private property (local farmer has thousands of acres) and in good fun.

He had no idea what tannerite was and was wondering how they got a hold of it. He also did not know that it took a fairly high velocity round to make it explode. Now he wants to do it and thinks it's pretty cool. However, your average Joe watching those videos probably has no one to explain it and how it works and will support banning it without question.

I was up there for hunting once when they did it. Pissed me off a little since we're all trying to hunt the area and they do this the day before opening day. Anyway, I'd guess it was 20lbs they did, for sure more than 10lbs. We'll only do 1-5lbs, which is a fun little boom when far enough way - wanna see what it does to a tree. Likely we will start with 1lbs and let him see that go from there. Even the pucks are fun if placed right to booger branches and stuff up or create a concussion in water...etc.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Yep, the stuff is great fun when used with some caution. I have a deer lease that I share with two others, I'm not much of a hunter but leased the land so I could shoot and screw around with reactive targets, needless to say the other two guys are less than thrilled. Shooting a pound or two at 500yrds is far more enjoyable to me than shooting an animal.

Speaking of mindless nonsense in the media regarding the stuff, a few weeks ago NBC did a "Rossen Report" on Tannerite. They made it sound like and blowhard with a match or firecracker could buy some and make an IED. Nowhere was it ever mentioned the velocities needed to get the reaction started. In fact most people don't realize how stable a secondary explosive really is, it isn't flame or heat that gets it going, its basically the speed at which its hit that's needed to start it.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  Rifle caliber magazine fed pistols will be "regulated".

Speculation is that this means your AR pistol will need to be a registered AOW.
                  where did you specifically see this ?
                  any idea if it would only apply to newly sold pistols ?
                  what about 80% ones ?

at any rate that seems like A LOT of ppl they would be trying to force to AOW. The only option would be to disassemble instead.

I'm building out a pistol now, so if this is true I might would rather reverse course and just build a rifle instead.

Comment

Here they are trying to amend what an antique firearm is:

This means that you may no longer be able to buy certain muzzle loaders/cap and ball stuff without a 4473 and going to a dealer.

And here is where they are trying to be cute and redefine what a pistol is:

In their words "to define more clearly exceptions to the "pistol" definition".
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                    X