Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for M&P Shield 9mm. any local dealer reccommendations

Hi fellas,

I'm looking to purchase a new pistol. I'm leaning towards an M&P Shield 9mm. Does anyone have recommendations for dealers in the areas around Lewisville up to Denton? Right now the only place I'm really familiar with is Eagle Gun Range. Great service for a range but I don't know about their service from a buyers perspective.

From a pricing standpoint, I'm not looking to pay retail like they charge at Cabellas ($450) but I'm cool with paying a few more bucks for good service during and after the purchase. The only reason I've used Cabellas in the past is because I had a couple hundred bucks in gift cards.

Also, any thoughts on the Shield. I've heard nothing but good things about it when you consider the price. My Barretta is just too damn large for daily carrying.

Go to white wing weaponry on 380 in Denton.

Comment

The guys at grab a gun ( coppell )usually have the cheapest local prices that I've seen.

Comment

I paid 375 in kansas for mine. Ammo depot in caddo mills has a decent price on them last time i was down.

Comment

Dealer cost on that gun is around 350ish.

Comment

Check out defender supply in Aubrey. They have really good prices from what I've seen.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              The guys at grab a gun ( coppell )usually have the cheapest local prices that I've seen.
              This. I can't say enough good about them. I just bought another gun from them last week.
              http://grabagun.com/s-w-m-p9shield-1...-7-8r-nms.html
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                This. I can't say enough good about them. I just bought another gun from them last week.
                http://grabagun.com/s-w-m-p9shield-1...-7-8r-nms.html
                I usually venture up there every week or two at lunch time at work.

Comment

No reserve with 4 hrs left.

Comment

I can also vouch for grabagun being easy to deal with and having good prices.

However the best deals you will find are going to be gunbroker, because you can avoid TX sales tax by going that route. If I recall correctly bmfsales in Idaho is almost always the cheapest and there is another shop in Alabama that always has good deals. I can point you to specific vendors if need be. There are some great TX sellers on gunbroker too, but you get stuck with sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      I can also vouch for grabagun being easy to deal with and having good prices.

However the best deals you will find are going to be gunbroker, because you can avoid TX sales tax by going that route. If I recall correctly bmfsales in Idaho is almost always the cheapest and there is another shop in Alabama that always has good deals. I can point you to specific vendors if need be. There are some great TX sellers on gunbroker too, but you get stuck with sales tax.
                      You're going to pay shipping + FFL transfer of $15-$20.

I'd rather pay $33 sales tax and support a local business.

Comment

Yes I'd rather pay UPS, FedEx and my local FFL for actually doing something then pay taxes to a government that misuses every dollar it receives. I pay more in taxes than most people earn every year already as it is. So yes when I can get an item for less paying for shipping and FFL than I can buy it locally that is what I will do. I already pay $50k plus in taxes a year (just income and social security tax) not including property tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, vehicle registration and all the other little fucking taxes I pay and don't keep track of.

Comment

#baller

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            #baller
                            Not even close. Try middle class and getting fucked by the government. I'm just an engineer. I'm not a baller on the radio and TV crying because someone put the franchise tag on me and I might only get 13 million this year....

I'm going to be lucky to retire with 2 million after working my ass for 50 years with all of the taxes I have to pay.

Comment

I'm just fucking with you. I suppose state sales taxed aren't on the top of the taxes I'd like to see go away.

Comment

Working...
                              X