Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the need to buy a quality knife... what do you guys carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Buck and Kershaw. I picked up an Ontario RAT1 today. I will be ordering a Spyderco and Griptilian soon too. I will post photos and opinions later on. The Kershaw is a Cryo and honestly its just too f'n heavy for pocket carry on a daily basis. I'd also say the blade isn't any better than the Buck which has plastic side and is light as hell. The Ontario weighs in the middle. I just sharpened it to slice up paper easily. I'll carry it around a while and abuse it and report back. I'm kind of surprised no one here has mentioned Ontario because on the knife boards they get debated with spyderco and benchmade a lot from what I can tell. I know they make a lot of bayonets and knives for the military so they have to be serviceable. At $30ish dollars it seems like a good deal on the surface.

Comment

My Zero Tolerance 0350ST came the other day.. Feels damn good and it's nice and sharp. Cuts paper pretty easily and I've cut some scraps of rope like butter.

I'll put it to work when I head back out on my hitch next week.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Comment

Last piece of the puzzle...

The Deluxe 5-Stone Sharpening System comes with five hones of different coarseness to sharpen a variety of different knife blades.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
          Don't do it. Learn how to sharpen a blade the right way. The Lansky system does not give you the same edge across the length of the blade.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

What's the best sharpening method for HSS blades?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Best knife sharpener I've ever had! Shaving sharp is never a problem!

The Work Sharp Knife? and Tool Sharpener Mk.2 sharpens every knife and tool you own. The flexible belts, sharpening guides, and a two-speed motor makes sharpening faster, easier, and more versatile than before. Used by the pros, millions sold, never be dull again.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I recently bought a Wicked Edge and I'm in love with it. Probably the best guided sharpening system I have ever owned or used. It's a little pricey but well worth every penny if you sharpen a lot of knives.
                '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                '13 Dodge Cummins
                '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  What's the best sharpening method for HSS blades?

For the initial cut I use a gesswein ruby stone or a norton india stone and will finish with a soft Arkansas stone. For a quick touch up I use a pair of triangle cross section ceramic stones that are mounted at an angle in a base that you just run the knife down while alternating from one side to another, I believe that it was made by spyderco.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Another one for benchmade. I've had my benchmade 5000 for years.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                      For the initial cut I use a gesswein ruby stone or a norton india stone and will finish with a soft Arkansas stone. For a quick touch up I use a pair of triangle cross section ceramic stones that are mounted at an angle in a base that you just run the knife down while alternating from one side to another, I believe that it was made by spyderco.
                      I just freshen up my spyderco with ceramic every week or two. It holds an awesome blade. Made from CPM s30v.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        I just freshen up my spyderco with ceramic every week or two. It holds an awesome blade. Made from CPM s30v.
                        I have never had to sharpen mine but I do not use it as a utility knife and have only actually "Used" it once. I keep meaning to buy one for everyday use but haven't looked to see what they offer.

Comment

I just got my benchmade back from warrenty. They sharpened a new tip (it fell point down on my tile) and basically replaced everything except the blade and skins. Awesome service.
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            I just got my benchmade back from warrenty. They sharpened a new tip (it fell point down on my tile) and basically replaced everything except the blade and skins. Awesome service.
                            Nice! I've got the same knife but with the the USMC logo on it. Do they still not sharpen the serrations?

Comment

Emerson Roadhouse is where it's at... I feel so Swayze!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                Emerson Roadhouse is where it's at... I feel so Swayze!

That's actually going to be my next knife purchase, except I'll probably get the Desert Roadhouse. Not sure on if I should go with the serrations or not yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X