Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the need to buy a quality knife... what do you guys carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have the CQC-7 which I like too, it's a better pocket fit in jeans because it's straighter

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Emerson Roadhouse is where it's at... I feel so Swayze!

I do like my Emerson, fantastic blade for someone who actually uses it.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I've had Emerson's on and off for maybe the past 12 years. First one was the CQC7 and I've owned a couple of them. Had a Super Commander for a while but it felt to big to me. The last one I sold maybe 3 or 4 years ago and it was maybe my favorite, a CQC14.

The Stubby. Looked like this but I mine had serrations.

Comment

Since we're still posting, here is a knife I do not see posted up too much on forums. I personally like it. It is large and heavy though in comparison to most pocket carry knifes. I use it quite a bit though with dress slacks and such.

I like it due to the heavy blade and due to that it is more useful for prying. Not to be confused with being able to replace a pry bar or anything. It has a bit slot on it for in a pinch...etc.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Buck-0095BKSTP-Tactical-M-O-L-L-E-Compatible/dp/B0035QSAA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443188279&sr=8-1&keywords=buck+tops+csar-t[/ame]

Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Nice! I've got the same knife but with the the USMC logo on it. Do they still not sharpen the serrations?
            Man, they dont. This is the second time I had them sharpen it. On the form you can opt for a new blade and its only like $20. And the knife was about $300 originally. Thats obviously a sweet deal, but I like my original blade
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Man, they dont. This is the second time I had them sharpen it. On the form you can opt for a new blade and its only like $20. And the knife was about $300 originally. Thats obviously a sweet deal, but I like my original blade
              Good to know. Isn't that the knife you took apart and repainted the scales?

Comment

Good to know. Isn't that the knife you took apart and repainted the scales?
                Right on man. It sure is. I hated the stock finish so I fogged it tan to smooth it out and for a bit of anti-theft (the unit was issued these, so mine stood apart from the handful out there).
                This is after a deployment.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I have an H&K Entourage (a Benchmade product) that I like, I sharpen it every other month or so because I'm always abusing it by cutting open boxes and stuff. It's an auto-opener, but it's got a lock so you don't press the button and shank your important bits.

Comment

I've got the Kershaw Leek and been really happy. The spring assist really get the blade out without you having to wrist-flick or any other exaggerated movement.
                    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1660ST-Serrated-Folding-SpeedSafe/dp/B0009VC9YA/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1443446561&sr=1-6&keywords=kershaw+leek[/ame]

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Right on man. It sure is. I hated the stock finish so I fogged it tan to smooth it out and for a bit of anti-theft (the unit was issued these, so mine stood apart from the handful out there).
                      This is after a deployment.
                      Did you add the parachutists badge??

Comment

I've got too many to list and they have all been used. Really it depends on what you need and what you are going to do with it. There is a knife for all occasions it seems, no need to cheap out and no need to spend several hundred dollars either. Even though I have done both...

I carry a serrated Böker on me at all times. And a ceramic bad boy for airline travel...
                        Last edited by Rick Modena; 09-28-2015, 01:58 PM.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I carry a good knife.
                          Last edited by DON SVO; 10-22-2015, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Did you add the parachutists badge??

Yea, last time I got it sharpened. They only charge like $10 or something to laser engrave. They didn't charge for this though.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Yea, last time I got it sharpened. They only charge like $10 or something to laser engrave. They didn't charge for this though.
                              They still only sharpen the blade and not the serrations right? Do they redo the finish? I haven't looked into it yet, just thinking about the future when I redo mine. Most of my blades have serrations, I prefer them that way. And I use mine but it would be nice if I could have them looking like new.

Comment

They still only sharpen the blade and not the serrations right? Do they redo the finish? I haven't looked into it yet, just thinking about the future when I redo mine. Most of my blades have serrations, I prefer them that way. And I use mine but it would be nice if I could have them looking like new.
                                Be careful on who you take your knife to have sharpened. The ones that use the grinders with guides generally can't sharpen to factory standards of knifes like Benchmade. I found this out by taking my Spyderco to Bass pro, and the guy refused to sharpen it. He said it would ruin the blade and purpose of the knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X