General questions surrounding the submission of a Form 1 for SBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General questions surrounding the submission of a Form 1 for SBR

I have some questions surrounding the submission of a form 1 and would like some help:

1. Can I submit the form on my own (online/mail)

2. Is it easier to have a dealer handle the paperwork?

3. I read that the lower has to have a dedicated caliber and barrel length, is this right? Kinda sucks if so but whatever

Anyways, I need to get 2 form 1's submitted and it is seeming harder to do than buying a suppressor...though I am sure it is just as easy once you get in the know; any help or guidance is appreciated.

-Chris
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Easiest is with a simple trust. You can do paper or do "electric" paper (with the trust).
    The trust is a lot faster!

Comment

1. Yes.

2. A dealer should not be involved at all.

3. No. You have to list a caliber and barrel length on your form but you can change the configuration as you please.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        1. Yes.

2. A dealer should not be involved at all.

3. No. You have to list a caliber and barrel length on your form but you can change the configuration as you please.
        Gracias sir, much appreciated

-Chris
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If you have a trust follow this guide.

Comment

Fyi I got my SBR stamp back about 3 weeks ago that I submitted electronically and it took about 4 months. Also did a supressor about the same time (snail mail) that took about 4 months as well.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              If you have a trust follow this guide.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/44...w_Thread_.html
              I do have a trust that I have used on a few suppressors already, though this is my first SBR and silencer shop made the suppressors so easy, I wasn't sure if I was missing something on the SBR.

I had read about photo copies...etc but I am thinking that was more in line with a LEO sign off which I will not be getting in my county. I just need to go online, detail my info in the form 1, attach a electronic copy of my trust pay the $200 electronically and viola, I think that is the process in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                I do have a trust that I have used on a few suppressors already, though this is my first SBR and silencer shop made the suppressors so easy, I wasn't sure if I was missing something on the SBR.

I had read about photo copies...etc but I am thinking that was more in line with a LEO sign off which I will not be getting in my county. I just need to go online, detail my info in the form 1, attach a electronic copy of my trust pay the $200 electronically and viola, I think that is the process in a nutshell.
                Pretty much. It is very easy; I am new to nfa stuff and the sbr was very simple to me. Can't remember what link I went to but I just followed and an oline instruction for it. The hardest part was re-scanning my trust into 4 seperate files for the required size on the ATF's efile site. I had nothing returned or holding me up, just follow some trusted instructions, check it twice, submit, and wait.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                X