Thermal Weapon Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Weapon Sight

I want to pick up a Thermal Weapon Sight in the next couple of weeks but I know nothing about them. Does anyone here have any personal experience with one that they would like to share? I do not mind paying for quality but I also want my money to be well spent. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Why, you've got dual revolvers
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

There is some good discussion here.

Current info on the thermal scopes can be found at this link below. News A couple months back I started requesting thermal scopes from all the commercially available scope manufactures for a side by side comparison. My goal in this test was to provide the hunter/shooter with a unbiased...

I would look into seeing if you can rent/demo a few before making a decision.

It's going to be hard to find two that are small enough to fit in your pockets though.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
        There is some good discussion here.

Current info on the thermal scopes can be found at this link below. News A couple months back I started requesting thermal scopes from all the commercially available scope manufactures for a side by side comparison. My goal in this test was to provide the hunter/shooter with a unbiased...

I would look into seeing if you can rent/demo a few before making a decision.

It's going to be hard to find two that are small enough to fit in your pockets though.
        It is very unlikely that I will try to mount it on a J frame or that I will need two of the sights.

Thank you for the link; it is exactly the information that I was looking for.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Why, you've got dual revolvers
          One for the each of ya.

Comment

Not sure where you're located, but there is a place in Flower Mound that rents thermal and night vision scopes if you want to try one out before dropping a lot of cash.

We rented a badass thermal scope from them for hog hunting and put it on my 6.8 AR. Was $300 for a weekend for an $8000 scope.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
            X