15 round 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 round 308

Moved to Co. and gotta buy 15 round mags for a lr-308. I cant find any do I have to settle for 10?

Can I use my 20-25 with round limiter in it? Or do I destroy them altogether?
    sigpic
    Tags:

Which county do you live in?

If you are outside of Denver and had possession of the magazines before June 1 2013 you are ok on the 25 and 20 round capacity. If you are within Denver only the 20 round are ok.

Comment

Don't move to Colorado?
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Everywhere I find, its saying 15 round is max. 15+1

I'm just trying to stay legal, I don't even shoot but once a year maybe.

I'm about 20 miles north of Denver. Way out of the county.
        sigpic

Comment

The law states no new sales or transfer of 15+ after the date I posted. If you had possession of them before then you are fine.

Edit: I just read through the law again and was off by a month on the date. It is July 1 2013.
          Last edited by NoClassic; 11-15-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

It also says I need to have burden of proof which is receipts. I don't save those for really anything under 200 for over a month
            sigpic

Comment

You read that wrong. Burden of proof lies upon the prosecution.

Comment

You bought a bunch before you moved, and they were being stored at your friend's house until they could be picked up. Remember?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

wut
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                    wut
                    He is telling you that they can't make illegal what you already owned. So ypu already owned them.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      He is telling you that they can't make illegal what you already owned. So ypu already owned them.
                      It's what makes the law technically unenforceable. You could come back with a load of them every time, because you already have so many stashed at your buddy's house, or he could even mail them to you basically whenever since they were yours before you moved over there. The majority of the county sheriffs in Colorado have said they aren't going to enforce the magazine ban because of that clause. All it really means is you can't get them in stores.
                      Last edited by YALE; 11-16-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Oh OK. But I can't brandish them at the range? Or what if a game warden approaches me IF I'm hunting. Should I just use the 10-15rd for public stuff?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                          Oh OK. But I can't brandish them at the range? Or what if a game warden approaches me IF I'm hunting. Should I just use the 10-15rd for public stuff?
                          I am not certain about that. Colorado may have a magazine limit for hunting. Check into it.

Comment

Working...
                          X