Dedicated pig guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated pig guns?

I just bought a 1895 guide gun, and ordered some stuff for it(sights, rail, etc) I was going to get a 450 bushmaster upper, but decided ultimately that I liked the 45/70 cartridge more so I went that route, and lever guns are just cooler.

What do y'all use to put pork in the fridge?
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

CZ-527 in 7.62x39, if I ever get a chance to pig hunt again. I'm going to try and go hunting after graduation 12/12. We'll see. I'm saving my pennies for a JP-308 build, but that's probably at least a year away from me ordering it.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      CZ-527 in 7.62x39, if I ever get a chance to pig hunt again. I'm going to try and go hunting after graduation 12/12. We'll see. I'm saving my pennies for a JP-308 build, but that's probably at least a year away from me ordering it.
      Well your more than welcome to come with me.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        Well your more than welcome to come with me.
        Thanks man! I'll hit you up!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          YALE's presence is priceless when it gets cold on hunts.
          Lol good to know.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Just about everything I have gets used. The last two pigs I shot were with my 6mm Creedmore running Berger Hybrids at 3100fps. A large well constructed bullet is fun for multiple pigs with one shot when a sounder comes in. That being said I did do that a few times last year with a 7mm 162gr Amax but I wouldn't trust it all the time.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I'm with Dee, whatever I happen to be carrying gets used. 10mm, .308, 7.62x39, .223, 12ga, etc...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Suppressed 300 blk, when I get the suppressor ordered and into my possession. Last time I went (but saw no hogs) I had my .270 with me. Hogs are hit and miss at our lease lately.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Barret .50 semi auto.

Comment

I have a suppressed POF 6.8 piston gun that is easy to add night vision to that I find myself using constantly for pigs. I clamp a PVS14 to it and it lines up perfectly with the sight that I always keep on the gun. My pet load for it is Hornady's factory loaded 120gr SST. One day I may make it into a 300blk gun but have no real plans to do so anytime soon.

Like you I have a 45/70 guide gun but only used it a few times for pigs.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Barret .50 semi auto.
                      Word

I'm partial to my fully suppressed .308 as well

[
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Working...