Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They're not coming for your guns"

123 co-sponsors including 3 from TX

Yes, they really are coming for your guns, and they aren’t being coy about it in the slightest.

A pathetic contingent of liberty-hating, anti-American Democrats have introduced H. R. 4269, “To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.”

Yes, they’ve proposed a bill that directly counters the wording of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. They are that brazen in their hatred of your natural right to armed self-defense.

They would like to outlaw the vast majority of the best-selling rifles, shotguns, and handguns in the United States, any device or part that could “accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle,” (which could mean literally anything depending on ATF interpretation), parts kits that enable citizens to build common firearms, and standard capacity magazines.

But they aren’t done yet.

Unlike the 1994 “assault weapon” ban, this one will make it “unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon.”

They intend to make it illegal to transfer any of the tens of millions of firearms that they would ban, with then specific intent of having all of these firearms be made illegal by simple attrition in the course of a generation.

You would not be allowed to pass down your firearms to your family members, nor would you be allowed to share them with family and friends at the range. When you died, your grandfathered guns would be made illegal, despite their clear and obvious utility as firearms useful for contemporary service in the militia.

This bill is nothing more or less than a direct assault on the Second Amendment.

Under the last few administrations the federal government has seized a tremendous amount of liberty from the citizenry, a citizenry that has reflexively responded to this mad power grab by purchasing 100+ million firearms and billions to perhaps trillions of rounds of ammunition, and thousands of tons of body armor.

We are a nation preparing for a civil war, even though neither side wants to directly talk about it.

Realizing that continued attempts to strip the citizenry of their liberty will inevitably result in armed resistance, the radical left wing of the Democrat Party is going “all in” in 2016 to make this the nation’s first “gun control election.” They are coming for your guns.

They are so desperate that they are attempting to fabricate the illusion of a gun violence at a time where homicides committed with firearms are at an all time low in recorded history.

The Democrat Party is lying to you, in order to steal your liberty.

Sadly, the mainstream media is attempting to push the lie of “gun violence” in a blatant and partisan attempt to sell that falsehood for their allies in the Democrat Party, even as violent crime continues to drop.

You have a simple choice, my fellow Americans. You can believe the fear-mongering and the anecdotes of a media and political class that seeks to seize more power at the expense of your liberty, or you can believe the cold, hard, data of the FBI, which shows the “gun violence epidemic” to be an utter and irrefutable lie.

sub'd

Comment

It's a shame that one certain drone in the news today wasn't prepared properly.

Comment

I'm not suggesting it would pass, but merely shedding some light on the subject. Also FWIW this bill currently has 30 more co-sponsors than the most "popular" you linked, and that one was 10 years ago. The rest have around 10.

Comment

My bad, forgot the ones that got to the floor for a vote and failed. Namely this one after Sandy Hook:
          A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Dont worry, aint shit gonna happen.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex C View Post
            My bad, forgot the ones that got to the floor for a vote and failed. Namely this one after Sandy Hook:
            A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Dont worry, aint shit gonna happen.
            I am sure that is what people thought in '34, '68, '86, and '94.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

That is what people have thought the last eight years.

Don't worry, they're not going to get our little guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                What guns?
                I remember my granddad used to have a couple, but I don't know what happened to them when he died. no guns here

Comment

Yep, all mine were stolen. Every. last. one.

And the drooling waterheads that bring up or support these bills (lookin at you, Jackson-Lee) are far too stupid to realize that if something like this was to pass, they would have even bigger bullseyes on them than they already do. To me, that's what is really scary. We have people that are maaaaaybe a few points above Forrest Gump that are multi-fucking-term elected officials. What, exactly, does that say about the people that continue to re-elect these morons? (That is, of course, rhetorical)
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

They have a hard on for the shoulder thing that goes up.

POS commies fuckers

Comment

Originally posted by Alex C View Post
                      That is what people have thought the last eight years.

Don't worry, they're not going to get our little guns.
                      While I understand where you're coming from, I disagree with any comments trying to tell someone to not worry about it.

"They're not going to get them" is not the same as "they will always be trying to get them"

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        While I understand where you're coming from, I disagree with any comments trying to tell someone to not worry about it.

"They're not going to get them" is not the same as "they will always be trying to get them"
                        Sure, but this go around I wouldn't worry a bit.

Stricter gun legislation is less likely to pass as part of a large reform bill, but rather piece by piece. Death by 1,000 cuts as it were (this is how it has historically occurred in the US, with one notable exception in 1994).

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          I remember my granddad used to have a couple, but I don't know what happened to them when he died. no guns here

I sold all of mine to protect the public. I have a bill of sell from Mr. Richard "Dick" Gozinya.

Comment

In California, now all that needs to happen is for someone to make a phone call and yes, they will be coming for your guns...

A California gun law taking effect this week will allow police to seize a person's guns without a hearing if a judge deems them a possible mental health threat.

Before someone says "well you will get them back" I'd encourage that person to talk to someone who has ever got a gun back from the police. It usually takes months of harassment for them to release it.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                            X