2011 DFWmustangs.net lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Paypal just called me wanting info on the transaction... asked if I knew CJ, what I was buying...

I just said CJ was my friend, we are doing a group buy, order should be placed next week and we were buying "stuff"
    ugh great. i hope they dont call anyone else.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      Paypal just called me wanting info on the transaction... asked if I knew CJ, what I was buying...

I just said CJ was my friend, we are doing a group buy, order should be placed next week and we were buying "stuff"
      gotta love it, jesus. It's like dealing with the mafia. They called me and wanted to run a credit check. Asked them why they needed to check my credit if I didn't have a line of credit with them. Said they just wanted to verify some stuff. Starting to make me a little concerned how many different people they called.

I updated the spreadsheet, it had some issues with the right side of the column not populating, I think I was doing this by not dragging the entire formula over, caused us to show less confirmed lowers than it should have.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Looks like its time to place the order ASAP...

Comment

• Originally posted by ffRich54 View Post
          Looks like its time to place the order ASAP...
          Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking, but we promised we'd give till sunday.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by ffRich54 View Post
            Looks like its time to place the order ASAP...
            That's just what I was thinking. CJ, I'm thinking that the longer we wait the more we're going to be held up, especially with Paypal doing this "research".
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• It doesn't matter what we're buying with the money. We're using Paypal to transfer funds, not to purchase anything. There isn't a firearms, or firearms related purchase being made with the account, so we're not in violation of their rules.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                gotta love it, jesus. It's like dealing with the mafia. They called me and wanted to run a credit check. Asked them why they needed to check my credit if I didn't have a line of credit with them. Said they just wanted to verify some stuff. Starting to make me a little concerned how many different people they called.

I updated the spreadsheet, it had some issues with the right side of the column not populating, I think I was doing this by not dragging the entire formula over, caused us to show less confirmed lowers than it should have.
                might want to start pulling some funds out in chunks.

i'll check over the formulas.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  It doesn't matter what we're buying with the money. We're using Paypal to transfer funds, not to purchase anything. There isn't a firearms, or firearms related purchase being made with the account, so we're not in violation of their rules.
                  with privately owned companies they'll bend the rules however they see fit, whether it's direct or via proxy they would pop us I'm sure. It only takes 1 person they call to tell them what the purchase is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    It doesn't matter what we're buying with the money. We're using Paypal to transfer funds, not to purchase anything. There isn't a firearms, or firearms related purchase being made with the account, so we're not in violation of their rules.
                    Even if it's not in violation they can still put a hold on the funds whenever they want for as long as they want if they're suspecting some sort of foul play. Even though what we're doing is totally legal they'll freeze things up till their satisfied and know what's going on.
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

bigatex committed a no-no with AR receiver being in the paypal notes. Please be careful.
                      Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      And chevy's transaction is still pending a 'paypal investigation' whatever the hell that is. Probably because it's such a large amount.
                      These two things concerned me.... Plus gifting the money could cause a problem as it is getting around paying Paypal fees for the transaction.

Comment

• hey mo, are you free to look over the spreadsheet with me and finalize it. I'm going to have to end it now to cover our asses. I'll still take mail payments till sunday. A second set of eyes looking over the spreadsheet would make me feel better.

Comment

hey mo, are you free to look over the spreadsheet with me and finalize it. I'm going to have to end it now to cover our asses. I'll still take mail payments till sunday. A second set of eyes looking over the spreadsheet would make me feel better.
                          I'll bet the 1 or 2 people that put AR lower payment in the comments is what's raised suspicions.

Comment

• Yeah, Id start pulling that shit out now.

A group buy on another board was shut down and thousands lost because of paypal. Even though they werent directly buying guns/parts and just sending money to someone else, paypal still froze the account and kept the funds.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
                              Yeah, Id start pulling that shit out now.

A group buy on another board was shut down and thousands lost because of paypal. Even though they werent directly buying guns/parts and just sending money to someone else, paypal still froze the account and kept the funds.
                              I don't see how paypal could legally keep the funds. Did the group not take any sort of legal action against Paypal? I can see where Paypal could freeze an account if they felt the group was going around the rules of how to transfer funds like paypal would want. But I don't see how they have any legal authority to confiscate the funds.

Comment

bigatex committed a no-no with AR receiver being in the paypal notes. Please be careful.

Accounts Receivable Receiver (CJ)?
                                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X