No announcement yet.

2011 DFWmustangs.net lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in for 2 or 3 uppers when the time comes.
    Jon

Comment

• I'd be in on a couple AR-10 lowers and 2-4 uppers.

Comment

• are the uppers specific to the ar10/15 or universal, requiring a bcg for matching caliber?
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          are the uppers specific to the ar10/15 or universal, requiring a bcg for matching caliber?
          The AR-10 is a completely different weapon. A .308 case wouldn't even clear the ejection door on an AR-15.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
            .308 - yes, 6.5 - depends on the round.
            AR-15: 6.5 Grendel/.264 Les Bear, 6.5 Whisper
            AR-10: 6.5x47 Lapua, .260 Remington/.260AI
            AR-10--Also .338 Federal

Comment

• Also beware that there are two different AR-10 platforms and most of the parts don't interchange....Armalite style AR-10 and DPMS style LR-308; even the barrels are threaded different, not nearly as modular as the AR-15 platform......

Comment

• Well looks like I want to build an AR-10 next then!!!

Comment

• good to know. im still learning! ill be in for an upper. i dont need an arsenal, all ive got hoes for is my .40 xdsc, my ar15 (in progress), and something in .308 for long range stuff
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Would you be able to use that upper with a 6.8spc? I know the barrel is different but have not messed around with these enough to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                      Would you be able to use that upper with a 6.8spc? I know the barrel is different but have not messed around with these enough to know.
                      All AR's fall into two categories, 95% of calibers work in the AR-15, only a couple work on the AR-10. But yes, the 6.8SPC is an AR-15 platform variant.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Guys if you wanna look at AR10 upper and lower at the same time in a GB look at the Mega MaTen AR10 matched sets
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                          Would you be able to use that upper with a 6.8spc? I know the barrel is different but have not messed around with these enough to know.
                          Yes, besides the different barrel and flash hider it uses a different bolt (same carrier) and different magazine, all the rest is the same as the 5.56.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            has to be an order over 100.
                            I'd be in for four of these, and definitely interested in the barrels as well.
                            It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

• Cool thanks guys. Just let me know when the upper group buy comes around.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco71 View Post
                                AR-10--Also .338 Federal
                                That ain't a 6.5, sir, but I still want one.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X