2011 DFWmustangs.net lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Are we getting them from Aim Surplus or Surplus Ammo?
    surplusammo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      surplusammo.com
      Hmm, for some reason I thought we were going through Aim Surplus. I wonder if the shipping with SA is just slow for being a group buy or if everything is this slow.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        The distributor for the barrels is much more dependable than the one for the lowers. I'm not sure if we even want to do the uppers with surplusammo given their slow progress.
        Slow is fine with me for as great a deal as you worked for the lowers.

Hell what impresses me the most is that we (Dfwmustangs) came through and actually paid for that many lowers that fast and even more impressed we did it after the Paypal SNAFU.

I mean really what was the projected numbers vs actual order amount?

Maybe all the dead beats got left behind at the old site. lol
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          The distributor for the barrels is much more dependable than the one for the lowers. I'm not sure if we even want to do the uppers with surplusammo given their slow progress.
          Does the distributor with the barrels sell uppers as well?
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Hmm, for some reason I thought we were going through Aim Surplus. I wonder if the shipping with SA is just slow for being a group buy or if everything is this slow.
            Its not necessarily surplus ammo that slowed this down (Im sure they had a hand in it) but its the manufacturer of the lowers. They have to forge more lowers just for our massive buy. I think CJ said they normally put out 75 a week.

Comment

I think CJ said they normally put out 75 a week.
              Then.... to produce our 250 lowers and their normal production.... 4 weeks is just about right.
              "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

Its not necessarily surplus ammo that slowed this down (Im sure they had a hand in it) but its the manufacturer of the lowers. They have to forge more lowers just for our massive buy. I think CJ said they normally put out 75 a week.
                For what it's worth I ordered two lower parts kits from surplus ammo outside of the group buy and it took two weeks to get my order. I'd say they're somewhat slow and the large order didn't help speed things up.

Comment

• Link to a 300 whisper forum

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

• Originally posted by Homemade View Post
                    Ohh sweet. First thing I'm building.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I had been thinking of building a 6.8 upper next to have more nock down with my platform for hunting.

Its seems the benefits of going 300 is that all the standard .556 parts, this side of barrel, would work. Making the build very affordable.

Properly gassed it supposedly will cycle subsonic ammo (shoots supersonic as well). Add a can and its super quiet, and low recoil.
                      :
                      .8" 100yd MOA and pie plate 500yd groups.

Uses .223 brass and .308 projectiles so it can be affordably reloaded...

NOW I ONLY NEED ONE GUN!

Am I going crazy?

I don't have my upper attached and I already need to sell it. :-)
                      Last edited by Homemade; 04-05-2011, 08:41 PM. Reason: mispelling

Comment

So the 300 is just a bit bigger than the 6.8? Its seems the benefits of going 300 is that all the standard .556 parts, this side of barrel, would work. Making the build very affordable.

Properly gassed it supposedly will cycle subsonic ammo (shoots supersonic as well).

.8" 100yd MOA and pie plate 500yd groups. Uses .223 brass and .308 projectiles so it can be affordably reloaded...

NOW I ONLY NEED ONE GUN!

Keep the .223/5.56 upper!
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• But if you dont reload, then prohibitively expensive and rare.
                          IMG_0424

Comment

So the 300 is just a bit bigger than the 6.8? Its seems the benefits of going 300 is that all the standard .556 parts, this side of barrel, would work. Making the build very affordable.

Properly gassed it supposedly will cycle subsonic ammo (shoots supersonic as well).

.8" 100yd MOA and pie plate 500yd groups. Uses .223 brass and .308 projectiles so it can be affordably reloaded...

NOW I ONLY NEED ONE GUN!

surplus rifle projectiles come in 2 flavors - .223 and .308 - it combines the best of both worlds like you said. The .300 is of course a .30 cal, where the 6.8 is a .270 and requires a custom bolt head and magazines.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Properly gassed it supposedly will cycle subsonic ammo (shoots supersonic as well). Add a can and its super quiet.

.8" 100yd MOA and pie plate 500yd groups.

Uses .223 brass and .308 projectiles so it can be affordably reloaded...

NOW I ONLY NEED ONE GUN!

Same mags too but I don't like the pmags due to the extra thickness of the walls, same prob with the .458 socom....

I like it for a deer/hog gun....

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco71 View Post
                                Same mags too but I don't like the pmags due to the extra thickness of the walls, same prob with the .458 socom....

I like it for a deer/hog gun....
                                .458 would be great but it uses another expensive case to form, I wish there was something that used easier to find cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X