No Mauser love thread???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mauser love thread???

Anyone school me here? Just ran across an old 1918 model bring back for 350 and wanna know more about them price wise and what to look for...pics to come.

...you found a t gewehr?
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Im a fan. Pictures would help.

I doubt its a Tank Gew.

If it is a nice German 8mm , its worth it. They are getting harder to find cheap.

Comment

There are two model 1918s. One is a T Gewehr, the other is uber Mauser:

Over at NitroExpressForums is a series of photos of the rare 1918 improved Mauser rifle prototype. Some are embedded below, but be sure to click through to see them all:

Feederle patented the 1918 post war and the survivors were sporterized because of the requirements imposed on German small arm production by versailles ("its totally not a new advanced military rifle, see, it has hunting stock!").

The problem is that Mauser made/licensed 100 million 98s (or some form of 98 system), so when you say "I can buy a Mauser for $350" you need a shit load more info and photos to appraise the rifle.

Assuming its a Gew 98, factors that effect value are who made it, unit markings, condition, proof marks, bore, versailles proof, carbine or rifle variant, etc.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
        X