So I bought a glock....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought a glock....

I have never owned one before and I decided to give it a whirl and see what all the fuss was about. I picked up a fourth gen 19. I have instantly decided that it's the worst trigger I have ever felt. For you glock guys out there what are the better trigger upgrades for these?

That's probably the number one complaint next to it's ugly.

I shoot mine just the way it came and it is pretty damn accurate. I know there are quite a few trigger upgrades available but to me if your not shooting competitions, you don't need to do it.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      That's probably the number one complaint next to it's ugly.

I shoot mine just the way it came and it is pretty damn accurate. I know there are quite a few trigger upgrades available but to me if your not shooting competitions, you don't need to do it.
      I can't hit shit with a Glock. I've shot several different models and have sucked equally. I've shot well with 1911's, XD's, and several HK guns, but can't hit shit with a Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I can't hit shit with a Glock. I've shot several different models and have sucked equally. I've shot well with 1911's, XD's, and several HK guns, but can't hit shit with a Glock.
        You might not be fingering it correctly. I bought my G-32, went to the range with my boy and right out of the box I was grouping like a pro. If you go into a Glock with no experience in shooting a Glock, it can be frustrating. It was for me the first time, but a fellow officer friend of mine showed me the way and I have been happy ever since...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Specifically I want to shorten the pull and lighten it a bit. The thing feels like it has a 2 stage trigger with a full 1" of creep

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by inline 6; 03-01-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I just deal with it; I have never changed a trigger on any gun except for my AR lowers, and those weren't upgrades, just trying a different trigfer when I built a new lower. Pistols I have never messed with. Internet rumor says it is a bad idea on a carry gun, but I dont know if that is true. Supposedly anti gun prosecution will say you altered it to be more deadly or some such bullshit, but cops supposedly always carry 100% stock guns so maybe there is truth to it. Anyway yes glock triggers suck. I love the shit out of my shield trigger and like the xdm I had. But as for the glock I just deal with it and learn to use it. They arent as bad a smith swve so not worth complaining much about in my opinion.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

It's just a fun gun and I like to fuck with shit

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                You might not be fingering it correctly. I bought my G-32, went to the range with my boy and right out of the box I was grouping like a pro. If you go into a Glock with no experience in shooting a Glock, it can be frustrating. It was for me the first time, but a fellow officer friend of mine showed me the way and I have been happy ever since...
                Ive kept an open mind on them, I am far from a gun snob, so brand doesnt make a difference to me.

That said, the angle of the grip and the trigger dont agree with me. Im sure I could get used to it, but with shooting several different models, ive never been comfortable.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  Ive kept an open mind on them, I am far from a gun snob, so brand doesnt make a difference to me.

That said, the angle of the grip and the trigger dont agree with me. Im sure I could get used to it, but with shooting several different models, ive never been comfortable.
                  That's also what I don't like. I'm not anti Glock, I just don't find them comfortable or accurate to my style. Maybe it would be different if that's what I started out on.

Comment

As I've stated, my first gen 1 Glock had me feeling the same. I just didn't like them, but after I got a lesson on how to shoot it and spending some time at the range, i got used to it.
                    I have nicer guns, but it is my daily carry. It's light, large capacity, accurate and if the man takes it away or it gets stolen, I'm not out a huge amount of money.

Comment

Lot of stuff you can do. The 25 cent trigger job on YouTube, also there's the 3.5lb ghost trigger connector, and others. I have done both, really cleans up the pull.

Get a extended slide release too

BTW if you want to sell it I'll buy it. A man can never own too many glocks

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                        A man can never own too many glocks
                        Actually you can.

One.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                          Lot of stuff you can do. The 25 cent trigger job on YouTube, also there's the 3.5lb ghost trigger connector, and others. I have done both, really cleans up the pull.

Get a extended slide release too

BTW if you want to sell it I'll buy it. A man can never own too many glocks
                          I did the trigger polish and 3.5 trigger bar, I don't know if the triggers any lighter, but it's much crisper, the break and reset. I would recommend this for the first mod to any glock.
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Alex C View Post
                            Actually you can.

One.
                            Lol I get that it's funny to hate glocks, I was in the same boat. But I have started to like them, they are easy and cheap to modify and play with, any car guy should be able to understand the fun in that.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I started with a Glock 27, got a 247/250 on my CHL test, never really liked it. I took my 92FS to my next CHL test, 250/250, what a dream to shoot in comparison. I much prefer my XD9 over the glock when comparing plastics.
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X