Looking for a new gun for the wife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    Yes but you are on the hook for shipping.
    Strange, my FFL has/had an account with Taurus and my shipping was free both ways

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      Go on, tell us more...
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        Strange, my FFL has/had an account with Taurus and my shipping was free both ways
        I had it about 3.5 months and they wanted me to pay shipping to them because it was out of 90 days, I was able to get out of it otherwise you have to have an ffl usps it or overnight ups or fedex. There is a lot to like about the gun but the only guns I have ever had break on me have both been Taurus, after the 22 I said I would never buy another ... then did

Who is your ffl? I have pt22 I would like to send in but that's where I got the $65 quote for, guns not worth $65.

Comment

IMO it doesn't matter what she likes or shoots best with. If she likes it and shoots better with it, then it is the right pistol. My wife is now toting my Sig P229 around and keeping it at her home office and by the bed at night. It's the pistol she is most comfortable with. Yes it's a bit more expensive than other things, but for her it works. I also took her to some decent training for a few days. And she passed the CHL class easily (but doesn't everyone?).

Get her what she wants and will use and works reliably. Price is the last consideration. My wife also loves the CZ75.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
            I had it about 3.5 months and they wanted me to pay shipping to them because it was out of 90 days, I was able to get out of it otherwise you have to have an ffl usps it or overnight ups or fedex. There is a lot to like about the gun but the only guns I have ever had break on me have both been Taurus, after the 22 I said I would never buy another ... then did

Who is your ffl? I have pt22 I would like to send in but that's where I got the $65 quote for, guns not worth $65.
            I've owned 2 and both sucked. A 709 and 738. Sold both, bought the 709 back for a song and just keep it in the truck now. Parts are impossible to find (mags specifically) and while it's behaved since I got it back (new barrel and firing pin...) I don't particularly love nor trust it.

I live out of state, so my ffl would be of no use to you. Sorry man

Comment

I got my girl a M&P shield9mm and she loves it. I also carry the ultra carry II but last month I picked up a kimber solo 9mm. Haven't got to shoot it yet but I like the way it feels very smooth and small enough I can fit it in my pocket for summer wear.

Comment

Maybe the M92 pap? 30rds of 7.62 is always great for self defense.

Comment

Glock 19, 43. S&W shield 9mm, S&W 9c

Go let her shoot those, pick what she likes best
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Glock 19, 43. S&W shield 9mm, S&W 9c

Go let her shoot those, pick what she likes best
                    Pretty much this, except I would consider the 26 over the 19. Easier to conceal, even if she is purse carrying.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

We went to the range this past weekend and rented the Ruger SR9 (I think) and the Sig P320. Both guns seemed to be comparable in feel and handling. Me personally, I do not like guns made out of plastic...I know it's fine but it just feels cheap to me.

Overall the wife shot a little better with my Kimber .45. We'll probably go back and check out another 9mm and after than, try a couple of 40's or 45's.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        We went to the range this past weekend and rented the Ruger SR9 (I think) and the Sig P320. Both guns seemed to be comparable in feel and handling. Me personally, I do not like guns made out of plastic...I know it's fine but it just feels cheap to me.
                        Aka " I went to the range and rented two guns that literally nobody recommended and none of the ones they did"
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Aka " I went to the range and rented two guns that literally nobody recommended and none of the ones they did"
                          Lmao.. pretty much.
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

320 isn't a bad choice. The sr9 is. And anything in .40 and .45 are dumb. Listen to the advice given yo.
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

You should give one of these a try. One might be on the market before long.
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X