coloring in lowers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coloring in lowers..

Is this hard to do? What supplies would you need to do it? i think it looks pretty cool instead of all black

a pic of "rustypnus's" lower that i think looks awesome..
    [/
    "PSH!!!"

I'm painting mine pink

Comment

I would think a steady hand thin brush and some model paint would do the trick. Pm crash I think he does pinstriping and I bet he could point you in the right direction

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        I'm painting mine pink
        you would!!

i saw the crayon thing but i think heat and bang eventually knock that out.. the whiteout thing seems ok (but no red).. has anyone had any luck with a certain brand of paint?
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Paint, then wipe, should leave everything int he cracks and look like that, only works if the cracks are really thin???
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Found this on AR15armory.com...

And this, but someone mentioned it depends on the lower's texture as to how easy it comes off.

Comment

It's real easy. I use the testors model paint and some makeup sponges stolen from my wife. Just absorb the paint into the sponge, wipe the engravings, let it dry for 10 minutes, then come back with some hoppes bore cleaner and slightly brush the surface to get it off. works great:

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Hmmmm I'd like my lower to have some paint on it. That does look pretty awesome!!

Comment

I sprayed krylon into the cap and used a thin brush.

Just dip the brush into the paint and barely touch it to the roll mark and it will pull the paint into it. Repeat as necessary. Let it set for a little and wipe excess off with a little acetone. It'll leave the paint in the roll mark.

Comment

I've used Testors model paint and a toothpick to paint small stamped areas before. Might take a little longer than some other ways, but works and if you take your time you won't have to clean up any areas you don't want painted.
                    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                    Originally posted by Trick Pony
                    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
                    X