This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Are there any outdoor gun ranges that allow rifle FMJ? Can't think of the name of it but I remember there was one out in Mesquite or so but wondering if there are anymore.
    OK so after a quick search on the Texas CHL Forum, it turns out that they allow FMJ on the 50 yard rifle range. Also looks like Quial Creek allows it on their 100 yard range. So that might hold me down a while for now but anyone know of any other 100 yard ranges that allow FMJ?

Comment

• The range I frequent allows it. They have 25m pistol range, 50, 100, 300m rifle ranges. B-tactical.com

It is a bit out of the way being in Caddo Mills. It is right off of interstate 30. Ran by a great group of people. Not a lot of jackwads horsing around. There is always a RSO or two assuring safety and that people aren't acting careless.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

OK so after a quick search on the Texas CHL Forum, it turns out that they allow FMJ on the 50 yard rifle range. Also looks like Quial Creek allows it on their 100 yard range. So that might hold me down a while for now but anyone know of any other 100 yard ranges that allow FMJ?
        Quail Creek is where I go shoot most often, I can tell you first hand they do not allow rifle FMJ on any of their ranges. They will make you pull out all ammo (if a magazine is loaded you have to unload it) so they can verify you don't have any FMJ ammo.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Are there any outdoor gun ranges that allow rifle FMJ? Can't think of the name of it but I remember there was one out in Mesquite or so but wondering if there are anymore.
          In the 20 years I've been going to Alpine i have never been checked for FMJ. I have used it countless times out there

Comment

• Add to list
            Target Time
            FM1187 Rendon (actually Burleson)

5. PERMISSABLE FIREARMS:

A. Most handguns except those chambered for centerfire rifle ammunition above 2,000 fps are permitted on the range.

B. Rifles allowed are: Pistol caliber rifles, 22LR, 30 Carbine, AR-15 chambered in 223 or 556 are allowed. Rifle ammo that is 55gr or less you can shoot fmj on the range for grains higher than 55 then soft point or hollow point is required.

All air guns and BB guns are allowed with permission of the Range Officer.

For firearms not mentioned here, check with the Range Officer prior to use on the range.

6. PERMISSABLE AMMUNITION:

A. Standard commercial factory ammunition is permitted.

B. Any type ammunition designed for penetrating metal is not permitted.

C. NO STEEL JACKETED, STEEL SHOT, STEEL CORE, OR RELOADED AMMO IS permitted.

D. No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, gas or explosive ammunition permitted.

Comment

• I will add this tonight. No mention is full auto is allowed?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• North East Texas Tactical

5701 FM 2578,
                Terrell, TX 75160
                (817) 681-6457

Daily Range Fee: $45
                Weekend Rate: $80

NORTH EAST TEXAS TACTICAL IS A 1500 YD. ALL STEEL RANGE CATERED TO THE LONG RANGE TACTICAL PRECISION COMMUNITY. WE OFFER A VARIETY OF STEEL TARGETS AT BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN DISTANCES. SHOOTERS ENGAGE TARGETS FROM ATOP A 20' COVERED SHOOTING TOWER.

A Few Club Rules of Interest from the SOP

NETT has the most stringent rules of any long distance range in Texas and we are dedicated to safe range operations.
                SITE SPECIFIC RULES

Permitted:

Firearms up to and including the 300 Magnum family of cartridges

NOTE: NETT rifle ranges are for aimed, PRECISION FIRE ONLY

Not permitted:

Incendiary, armor piercing, tracer or explosive ammunition

Any caliber larger than .300 Magnum (unless there is a special event)

Shooting steel with any pistol caliber above .45, Smaller caliber Magnums are allowed: .44, .357, etc.

Fully automatic fire

Shooting at unauthorized targets (cans, bottles, etc)

Loaded firearms carried on or off the firing line. Active or Retired Law Enforcement Officers and CCW holders with current credentials may carry a concealed loaded firearm in a holster on or off the firing line.

Any member demonstrating a lack of discipline, safe conduct, professionalism, or regard for fellow members, will be evaluated by the management for appropriate action.

Dry firing or aiming behind the firing line

Any specialty high velocity ammunition on the steel pistol range i.e. FN 5.7mm. This may be shot on the paper pistol bay only.

1500 yd. Range

The first time any rifle is brought to the 1500 yd. range the member must initially confirm zero at 100 yds. It is not necessary to confirm zero on each additional visit. It is required to repeat this procedure for each rifle the member intends to fire on the 1500 yd. range.

Firearms may only be uncased at the firing line with the muzzle down range.

Rifles must be inspected by a range officer to ensure the rifle is equipped to maintain accurate fire at extended ranges. This includes inspection of the scope to ensure it can be properly adjusted for long range shooting. Scopes must be adjustable with target turrets or similar if not using a ballistic reticle.

Members and guests wishing to shoot on the 1500 yd. range must pass a qualifier. This consist of demonstrating technical proficiency by answering a few questions from the Range Safety Officer and showing the member can shoot safely out to 700 yds. Members will be asked to hit the 300-700 yd targets in sequential order. They will be allowed 7 rounds to do so. The RSO can spot for the member offering corrections. Failure to complete the qualifier will result in the member not being allowed to shoot the 1500 yd. range. It is highly recommended that the member have some kind of drop chart or a PDA with a ballistic solver.

All shooting will be done from the Prone position.

Most members use some kind of rear bag or rest, please keep the rifle butt stock on a rear rest of some kind when not firing. The muzzle needs to be level with or below the horizon when not in use.

Guests who fail to qualify on the 1500yd range may still fire there but must have their sponsored member present and spotting or “coaching” while firing. The Sponsoring member may NOT be firing at the same time as their guest.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Choctaw Preserve
                  589 Game Farm Rd, Denison, TX 75021

For Ranges and Proshop (903) 965-4674

Clay Courses
                  We have a beautifully designed 10 station 100 bird sporting clay course, 5 station 50 bird subgauge course, 5 stand and patterning boards.

Full Sporting Clay Course………………………………………… $50.00 Adults, $35.00 Seventeen and Under

Half Sporting Clay Course……………………………………......$25.00 Adults, $17.50 Seventeen and Under

5 Stand ……………………………………………………………………….$12.50 Adults, $8.75 Seventeen and Under

Indoor Ranges

Choctaw has one of the only 100 yard indoor rifle ranges in the United States. If you want to practice or sight in your rifle for that hunt of a lifetime, we have the facility to do it. We also have a 25 yard indoor pistol range for training or a day of fun at the range.

Indoor Pistol and Rifle Ranges ................................$17.50 per hour/$9.00 per half hour
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• $17.50/hr??? Fuck that!
                    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• They built an outside range at 360 and 287. I have no details about it though. Sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        They built an outside range at 360 and 287. I have no details about it though. Sorry

and they allow FMJ, may go check this place out this weekend

Comment

• no full auto gayness
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Fuck them.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• anyone been to defender outdoors over off university in ft worth? looks pretty fancy, like 20 pistol lanes, plus they have an 85yrd indoor rifle range...and I think they allow full auto under controlled conditions

Comment

• Bringing this up again. I stopped by Defender Outdoors this afternoon. Place is huge, like 35,000 sf. I was only there for a short while, but it looks like the carry damn near everything. Had a hundred or so pistols on display (only 3 revolvers though, am I that freaking old? Does no one carry wheel guns anymore?), at least that many rifles (with some very choicely outfitted long distance stuff in glass cases above everything else). Tons of ammo, knives, safes, etc. Really nice store. Did not get to check out the range, going to try and make it back up there this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X