Beretta nano 9 for concealed carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta nano 9 for concealed carry

Anyone have one? A buddy wants to get rid of his for a good price and I was thinking about grabbing it for a pocket/technaclip gun to carry when in light clothing.

Any input from people who own one would be appreciated

Somebody on here had a terrible experience with theirs. There was a big thread on it somewhere. That's all I have to offer
    2012 GT500

Comment

Cool, ill do some searching. Thanks Jeremy

Comment

I don't have one but I do carry a Taurus Curve sometimes for the same purpose. It's about the same size and shoots a .380 ACP. I can't imagine what it'd be like trying to shoot a 9mm load out of such a small gun. It absolutely sucks to shoot but at least it's easy to hide.

Comment

Ok, I have limited gun experience. I just bought a new Beretta Nano and shot it for the first time today. Using Federal fmj from WalMart. It jammed over and over again. 20 plus jams in 208 rounds fired. My wrists were stiff. I bought it off of gunbroker and had it shipped to local FFL? Bad gun or bad ammo? Contact

Comment

Never had any of the issues that were in that post but, they do have a terrible trigger pull like all the other guns in that class size (938 being the exception)

Comment

I had one. Took it to the range shot it once and sold it. Hated that gun. Shot terrible. Didn't fit my hang good. Just didn't like it at all. I recommend the S&W shield for a CCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                I don't have one but I do carry a Taurus Curve sometimes for the same purpose. It's about the same size and shoots a .380 ACP. I can't imagine what it'd be like trying to shoot a 9mm load out of such a small gun. It absolutely sucks to shoot but at least it's easy to hide.
                I had a PF9 and it wasn't bad at all. I have the LCP for the easiest/smallest carry.

That curve is a weird one, you like it?

Comment

Unless the price is just too good to pass, i would look at the sccy cpx2 9mm, if u really want a sub-compact 9mm. I narrowed my search down to the nano and the sccy 2.5 years ago. I went with the sccy. You cant beat the price, it was 250 from grabagun. Main reasons for my decision: the sccy is lighter, its hammer fired, 10+1 mag (wich is now 11+1 after break in), and the price was low for the quality of the gun. also the pinkie extension on the mag makes more comfortable than the namo. I have about 1700 rounds thru it now with not one fail.

Comment

I went ahead and passed on it, compared to my 709 it's heavy and bulky, which surprised me. Barrel is maybe 1/2" longer on the 709 but otherwise very similar but The nano is slightly larger and significantly heavier. I'll hold out and save my pennies for something else instead. Fwiw he wanted $250 for it barely used. A good deal but no sense in having 2 very similar guns

Comment

SCCY and Berreta on THF right now, $550 for both.

Last edited by Darren M; 11-02-2016, 07:38 PM. Reason: Accuracy and link
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                        I had a PF9 and it wasn't bad at all. I have the LCP for the easiest/smallest carry.

That curve is a weird one, you like it?
                        Sorry I missed this!

It is pretty weird but I really like the idea of not needing a holster. It looks like a pager clipped into my pocket. The sight picture kind of sucks but it comes with a laser that my finger naturally activates when drawing the weapon. For most people it'd be a great carry weapon since it's tiny and looks more like a stapler than a gun. With such a short barrel it's obviously not a very accurate weapon past 10 yards or so that and as noted it stings quite a bit so more than 30 rounds or so at the range and I'm done with it.

Still though I carry it way more often than anything else just because it's so easy to conceal. I'm 100% confident it'd be able to drop someone if necessary.

Comment

Why not just pick up something that a technaclip works on? I want to love and trust my Taurus, I just can't.

Comment

Working...
                          X