Taking a gun out of state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Even then, no mag that can hold more than 10 rounds. And the gun must be on the approved gun list.
    http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    That's for new sales. From that link:

"Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement."

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      That's for new sales. From that link:

"Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement."
      Not necessarily new:
      "...no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale..."

I'd rather have something on that list, then trying to explain to the officer it's not on the list and I'm just visiting nor letting anyone else shoot them. Remember, you can still do the ride and have to prove LATER you weren't in violation.

States with jacked up guns laws, I go to the extreme to make sure I'm in compliance with whatever asinine rules they have.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Also here is a link to DPS'S website that shows states with reciprocity.

"You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Not necessarily new:
          "...no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale..."

I'd rather have something on that list, then trying to explain to the officer it's not on the list and I'm just visiting nor letting anyone else shoot them. Remember, you can still do the ride and have to prove LATER you weren't in violation.

States with jacked up guns laws, I go to the extreme to make sure I'm in compliance with whatever asinine rules they have.
          I meant new sales transactions, not new guns. Jose isn't talking about selling his pistol while in Cali, just taking it with him. Obviously, as I suggested, it is certainly worth looking into the laws before going. I was only addressing your link in regards to Jose's need.

BTW, my family out there own guns and other than complaining about the new hassles, enforcement is not nearly as bad as I have heard from the other states mentioned.

Comment

Don't want to stray to far away from the OP but back to California, if I was out camping in a National Park somewhere, could I keep a gun holstered on my person? Also I didn't think about the ten round rule so if I took my Glock I'd have to get compliant magazines which would mean having to buy them which sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Don't want to stray to far away from the OP but back to California, if I was out camping in a National Park somewhere, could I keep a gun holstered on my person? Also I didn't think about the ten round rule so if I took my Glock I'd have to get compliant magazines which would mean having to buy them which sucks.
              The magazine capacity MAY also be for sales only, just an FYI you may want to confirm. I know Colorado's is like that (illegal to sell, not posses).

As to the parks, I would check with them directly. Yosemite's site says you can carry as long as you are following all local laws, so I'm thinking you can have it with you, but not on you. Because CA doesn't have reciprocity for Texas concealed carry, and open carry is not legal (afaik). https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/weapons.htm

Oh, and here's CA's travel rules.. https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                Driving/Traveling to Michigan in November...Anyone ever taken a trip out of the state with a concealed gun I'm just not sure if the states I will be driving through have a different laws when it comes to this. Not trying to get my gun taken away in the event I get pulled over and I have to announce that I have my gun with me. Looks like I'm driving through OK, MO, IL and MI. Not sure if I'm making any sense...I don't have a CHL.

TIA...
                Check the gun laws of the states you'll be driving through.

Last year I concealed & carried through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina. No problems.

Did the same thing this year. While I was legal, I never once got pulled over, so it was kind of a moot concern. Remember, concealed is concealed.
                Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

The magazine capacity MAY also be for sales only, just an FYI you may want to confirm. I know Colorado's is like that (illegal to sell, not posses).

As to the parks, I would check with them directly. Yosemite's site says you can carry as long as you are following all local laws, so I'm thinking you can have it with you, but not on you. Because CA doesn't have reciprocity for Texas concealed carry, and open carry is not legal (afaik). https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/weapons.htm

Oh, and here's CA's travel rules.. https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel
                  I forgot that California doesn't have reciprocity with Texas so no carry which I'm sure will apply while camping. I'll have to do more research though I'm sure as I get closer to that trip.

Comment

Gaademy...so many damn rules/laws
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Personally I'd just ignore it and carry anyway. Just try like hell not to get pulled over, or searched. Fuck them, constitution says "shall not be infringed". Its a higher authority than they are.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Personally I'd just ignore it and carry anyway. Just try like hell not to get pulled over, or searched. Fuck them, constitution says "shall not be infringed". Its a higher authority than they are.
                        I used to think that way but at my age, I've got to much to lose if I got arrested. I used to carry into the Post Office but don't risk it anymore. Still think that's a stupid rule

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          I forgot that California doesn't have reciprocity with Texas so no carry which I'm sure will apply while camping. I'll have to do more research though I'm sure as I get closer to that trip.
                          I'd still bring it.. Your campsite is still like your home there, so you can have it loaded at your campsite itself (in your tent or whatnot). Just not while hiking or driving around.

Here's some more good CA info: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...f/cfl2016.pdf?

Comment

You're fine having it at the campsite, but don't plan on camping in any National, State, or County parks, no guns allowed.

Comment

BTW, I would just go around IL, just because fuck that state..
                              Spoken for truth.

also, be VERY aware of knife laws as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                You're an idiot. Do that, get caught, tried, convicted and lose your right to carry and possibly the right to own a firearm. States that prohibit the right to carry have a hard on to prosecute non-residents who ignore their laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X