New shooting range in Mesquite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    You don't even know your buddies actual website? For everyone asking, he posted the wrong link.

Anyway. They should state whether or not the range is members only or open to the public.
    Thank you!

Comment

Went and checked it out today since ETTS was rained out. Overall not a bad place. They have some ambitious plans to put a restaurant onsite and have wait staff going out to bays to take orders n stuff. They're building onsite camping facilities, i.e. bunkhouses which I assume will be nice for multi-day events. It's a few miles off I-20 and surprisingly pretty close to neighborhoods. They have pretty much the same rules as ETTS or B-Tactical. Although one of the RSO's said they'll even allow tannerite. They have 3 tac bays right up front that are 50 yards with some steel mixed in. Would be nice if they had some shaded area to shoot from, b/c that's going to suck in the summertime. There's a few more bays further up the road which are 15 yards, mostly for pistol but also carbine so long as you shoot paper. Further up is their 100/200 yard range with steel. Then they also have a range that goes out to 600 yards with know distance markers as you go out. Big plus for me is that it's 30 minutes door to door from my house, as compared to the hour-ish drive out to ETTS.

I'll have to say that all of the staff was pretty nice. I think the place has a lot of potential, so we'll see.

Comment

Good review.

Comment

Thanks for that Geof, I might have to check it out. So it's better than Elm Fork?
          Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-26-2016, 10:47 AM.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Can't really say. I haven't seen out to Elm Fork in a really really long time, and it looks like it's vastly different from when I was out there last time. Lone Star so far looks a lot more rudimentary just by looking at pics on the FB page of Elm Fork.

Comment

I couldn't find it on their website Geoff but what do they charge?

Comment

$40. ETTS is $30, B-Tactical is like $7 or so for bench shooting but $30 per hour if you want in the tac bay. I think ETTS membership is $600/yr and Lone Star is $350 for non-VIP and like $450 for VIP.

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                  X