2nd Amendment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Amendment Trial

It was recently brought to my attention that one of the very platforms for which Lone Star Gun Rights is pushing to get passed in Texas is already on trial. On April 13, 2016, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed the Second Amendment Protection Act (SAPA) into law which nullified all federal firearms laws, including the National Firearms Act, so long as the weapon was manufactured, sold, and remained within the borders of the State of Kansas. Because of this law, Shane Cox and Jeremy Kettler were indicted after Cox manufactured and transferred suppressors to Kettler without NFA tax stamps. Here's what we know so far.

Good luck

Comment

subscribed. This has the potential to be a very big deal.

Comment

Das good.

Comment

In a million years, when space pigs learn how to fly...

Comment

Gun laws etc are about the only good thing Brownback has done for ks.

Comment

Found guilty on numerous counts.

Comment

Texas legislature has also submitted legislation this term for what sounds like the same thing these previous states have passed.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Texas legislature has also submitted legislation this term for what sounds like the same thing these previous states have passed.
                  Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't federal law always trump state law? What good does it do to have a state make a law that the feds can just come in and say doesn't even matter?

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                    Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't federal law always trump state law? What good does it do to have a state make a law that the feds can just come in and say doesn't even matter?

You are talking about the Federal Supremacy clause in the Constitution and you are correct; Federal Law always trumps state law.

Despite double jeopardy being prohibited by the Bill of Rights the federal government does it hundreds of times per day in federal court. Having a state law that says that something is legal when a federal law says otherwise keeps you from doing state time for a crime before having to do your federal time for the same crime. The Feds are masters at keeping the time you have done in a state prison from applying to your federal sentence.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                      My guess is they're trying to make it a state issue and force the Supreme Court to rule on whether or not Congress has the power to restrict it if it's not leaving the state (Commerce Clause?).
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        My guess is they're trying to make it a state issue and force the Supreme Court to rule on whether or not Congress has the power to restrict it if it's not leaving the state (Commerce Clause?).
                        That's already been decided with an agriculture case about grain that didn't leave state lines.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          That's already been decided with an agriculture case about grain that didn't leave state lines.

With any luck we will get a few more originalist supreme court justices and this will be over turned and the 10th Amendment will be whole again.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Isn't there something in the rumor mill, about Trump wanting a Federal carry license? So as long as you had that, anywhere you went you could carry.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Isn't there something in the rumor mill, about Trump wanting a Federal carry license? So as long as you had that, anywhere you went you could carry.
                              Then you have the opposite problem in the blue states/cities, with them subjecting you to their stringent local laws, national CCL be damned, risking jail time if you get caught with a CCW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X