Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.62x39 AR Upper, best for $400 or under? (or damn close)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    I decided to put the ar47 on the back burner. I had already purchased standard ar lowers, and couldn't find a 7.62 upper that didn't have some kind of feeding issues. The only thing that seems smart to buy is a ks47 lower from Palmetto, and I wasn't looking to spend that much more right now.

He doesn't have an AR, but does have an AK, and just wanted an AR in the 7.62 so he didn't have to worry about extra ammo. Tough. He's getting this for christmas with an anderson lower and better put me in his god damn will. Bought it while it was $499:

Thanks for the advice and tips.
    shit man, i posted a $399 option for you
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
      shit man, i posted a $399 option for you
      I guess I misread it, but I thought that upper was designed to go with their ks47 lower?

Since I already had standard ar lowers, i didn't want to buy their $150 +ffl ks47 lower.
      sigpic

Comment

Like I said before, 7.62x39 feeds just fine from a standard AR lower IF you use the straight 10 round mags. The 25 round mags suck.

I have both 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel uppers (same parent cartridge) and they both feed just fine on my lower.

Biggest thing you need is an adjustable gas block. Commie ammo is all over the map in regards to powder charge.

Comment

Working...
        X