Ffl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    You are in the McKinney area right? I use my local gun range because it is only 10 minutes from me and on my way home from work. They charge $20 flat, no discounts. The convenience is worth it on single transfers, though when buying multiple lowers, it doesn't make sense to pay $20 each

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I'm about 10 min east of Mckinney. And you can take a ride in the cobra after each transfer haha
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
      I'm about 10 min east of Mckinney. And you can take a ride in the cobra after each transfer haha
      Lol. Princeton? I am in Greenville

Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        Lol. Princeton? I am in Greenville

Yup
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
          Yup
          Even better! I will keep you in mind for my next purchases

Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I lived about 2 miles from Jeff. Anyone near midcities or near there who does transfers?

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
              I lived about 2 miles from Jeff. Anyone near midcities or near there who does transfers?
              Not sure what they might charge, but Euless Guns and Ammo is close. Worth a call, anyways:

Euless Guns & Ammo
              1200 NW Euless Blvd
              Euless, TX 76040
              (817) 267-6947

Comment

I don't do them anymore as they're just not worth the small amount of money and a few weirdo's made me not even want to deal with the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                  I don't do them anymore as they're just not worth the small amount of money and a few weirdo's made me not even want to deal with the hassle.
                  Preach

Comment

I am not too far behind ya. --------

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                      I am not too far behind ya. --------
                      This would not be good but understandable.

Comment

Please elaborate. This site is in dire need of a few good stories.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          If I want a gun in a hurry I use Tom Hart in Plano; 469-223-9391. When I am not in a hurry I just have them sent to my step dad and run the transfer through his logs.
                          OMG i'm in the top 1% with SVO!

I use Tom Hart in Plano, he's quick, easy to deal with, and a great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
                            This would not be good but understandable.
                            Will always be available for you!

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                              Please elaborate. This site is in dire need of a few good stories.
                              When I was charging $10/$15 it wasn't worth it. Half the time UPS would deliver in the middle of the day and I would be out so then I'd have to go to the hub and pick it up, then the transfer itself would take 30-60mins so I'd end up making $10 for an hour to an hour and a half of work.

I'd say about 40% were pretty laid back normal people, but then you'd have another 40% that would sit there at their work watching the tracking info and then as soon as it was delivered they'd start blowing up my phone asking me a bunch of questions about the gun even though many times I wasn't even the one who signed for it. I had one guy once txt me, no shit, 34 times in one day about his gun.

Then you'd have about 5% who were just a huge pain or weird. The final straw was a customer who wanted me to always open any guns I got in right in front of him. One came in late in the evening and for whatever reason he couldn't get it until the next day. When he arrived and saw that I had already opened it he flipped his shit. I felt like kicking him out but he had his wie with him and she looked more uncomfortable than me. She came back the next day and apologized and payed the transfer fee that he walked out without paying.

Then you have the people who are just blatantly criminal/stupid, from the guy wanting to buy his 11yr old a handgun, to people asking me if they can buy without doing a background check, to people telling me that they're getting the gun for someone else.

I met a handful of really awesome people that I'm still great friends with to this day. But, ultimately, it was just too much of a pain for me to deal with.

Comment

I had an outright denial on a guy(my first). He apparently was wealthy and figured he would throw his weight around. Threatened to sue me for the FBI giving him a denial. I called the ATF and explained the situation to them after he told me to ship the gun to "his" FFL and his son would pick the gun up. He called my phone at least a dozen times a day until I shipped the gun back to where he bought it with the blessing of the ATF. I lost $$ on that one and just wanted it out of my shop.

When I was charging $10/$15 it wasn't worth it. Half the time UPS would deliver in the middle of the day and I would be out so then I'd have to go to the hub and pick it up, then the transfer itself would take 30-60mins so I'd end up making $10 for an hour to an hour and a half of work.

I'd say about 40% were pretty laid back normal people, but then you'd have another 40% that would sit there at their work watching the tracking info and then as soon as it was delivered they'd start blowing up my phone asking me a bunch of questions about the gun even though many times I wasn't even the one who signed for it. I had one guy once txt me, no shit, 34 times in one day about his gun.

Then you'd have about 5% who were just a huge pain or weird. The final straw was a customer who wanted me to always open any guns I got in right in front of him. One came in late in the evening and for whatever reason he couldn't get it until the next day. When he arrived and saw that I had already opened it he flipped his shit. I felt like kicking him out but he had his wie with him and she looked more uncomfortable than me. She came back the next day and apologized and payed the transfer fee that he walked out without paying.

Then you have the people who are just blatantly criminal/stupid, from the guy wanting to buy his 11yr old a handgun, to people asking me if they can buy without doing a background check, to people telling me that they're getting the gun for someone else.

I met a handful of really awesome people that I'm still great friends with to this day. But, ultimately, it was just too much of a pain for me to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X