No announcement yet.

Beretta 1301 Tactical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The level of SVO (fake)facts in here is astounding, even for SVO. Taking the full blow of 00 buck is the equivalent of about 4 rounds from a .45 ACP. I don't care what armor you're wearing, you're on your ass as CJ said. The next shot scrambles your brains. Even taking only a few pellets is going to knock them backwards or to a knee at a minimum regardless of armor and most likely put them on their back. Half the pellets probably keeps them from getting up for several minutes. In all cases, the guy with the shotgun wins.

On the flip side, SVO please let me know if you are ever thinking about taking clothes to Goodwill. I'll gladly buy some of your old shirts as they have to be cheaper than plate armor and certainly lightweight...

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      I propose a few small modifications to your experiment. Let's use a 1301, milspec 00 buck and place the recoil pad in your chest right over your heart. Now let's pull that trigger real fast and pop off 10-12 (long mag tube), so you can defibrillate and die like a dumbass. Then if you live, you can do it with a 38 spd and tell us how much more that hurt.....
      Well, my 1301 comes in on tuesday....

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        I propose a few small modifications to your experiment. Let's use a 1301, milspec 00 buck and place the recoil pad in your chest right over your heart. Now let's pull that trigger real fast and pop off 10-12 (long mag tube), so you can defibrillate and die like a dumbass. Then if you live, you can do it with a 38 spd and tell us how much more that hurt.....
        Gladly. Name the time and the place but you will have to provide the gun. No semi auto 12ga that I have has a mag tube that long. I hate to disappoint you but I have done this demonstration before with an 1100 and 8 shots. I even had my GFs 8 year old son (Who was large for his age) fire a shot that way to show him that there was nothing to fear from recoil.

I am not sure how I will hold the butt of a 38 revolver against my chest and be able to fire it safely so we may have to forgo that part.

Edit: My offer to bring a bolt action 12ga was so no one could say that using a semi auto reduced the felt recoil.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-30-2018, 09:01 AM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          The level of SVO (fake)facts in here is astounding, even for SVO. Taking the full blow of 00 buck is the equivalent of about 4 rounds from a .45 ACP. I don't care what armor you're wearing, you're on your ass as CJ said. The next shot scrambles your brains. Even taking only a few pellets is going to knock them backwards or to a knee at a minimum regardless of armor and most likely put them on their back. Half the pellets probably keeps them from getting up for several minutes. In all cases, the guy with the shotgun wins.

On the flip side, SVO please let me know if you are ever thinking about taking clothes to Goodwill. I'll gladly buy some of your old shirts as they have to be cheaper than plate armor and certainly lightweight...
          The force that you feel from recoil is the exact amount of force that the pellets have as they leave the muzzle. No more and no less. If the recoil doesn't make you do cartwheels then neither will the kinetic energy in the shot string. The damage caused by being shot will make people drop but the small amount of kinetic from the shot itself will not.

I shot a man in the mid back a few inches from his spine at an angle and in the lower back of his head just below and behind his ear with full powered buck shot from an old M12 riot gun. Both shots blew stuff out of the other side of him and were within a 1/4 second of each other. It do not throw him forward at all. He simply dropped in his tracks into an odd position on the ground and didn't even twitch. The closest analogy I could come up with is a puppet that is dropped. I have shot other people as well with hand guns and rifles and most of the time they simply ran away.

Edit: I must admit that the only time I have seen someone take a shot and not still be able to run around a bit was from a shotgun.
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-30-2018, 12:24 AM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I’ve still got one in stock if anybody’s wanting one.
            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
            sigpic

Comment

Ended up picking it up yesterday and did a function check. It's lightweight, and i found that out by giving my nose a good pop on the first shot. Wasnt expecting that much recoil out of the semi-auto, but that's what I got for limp-wristing it.

Shot well, but the gun comes with a magazine reducer in it, which is flat out retarded. Had to disassemble and pull the damn thing out.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                Ended up picking it up yesterday and did a function check. It's lightweight, and i found that out by giving my nose a good pop on the first shot. Wasnt expecting that much recoil out of the semi-auto, but that's what I got for limp-wristing it.

Shot well, but the gun comes with a magazine reducer in it, which is flat out retarded. Had to disassemble and pull the damn thing out.
                How....did you hit yourself in the face while shooting a shouldered shotgun?

Don't most pump / semi autos come with plugs? All the ones ( not many ) I've bought came with plugs.

Comment

I think he was doing that "hold it in the middle of your chest" experiment.

Comment

Lawl.

Comment

Ya I thought the plug was in there to make it legal for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        How....did you hit yourself in the face while shooting a shouldered shotgun?

Don't most pump / semi autos come with plugs? All the ones ( not many ) I've bought came with plugs.
                        Actually my wrist did it as it recoiled back. Not that hard to imagine with a cheek weld.

The gun is shockingly light, and yes, it does produce a lot of recoil that you wouldnt expect. Certainly different than any pump-action 12-guage i have fired.

I learned a quick lesson, laughed it off, and the rest of my shots were fine after a readjustment.

Comment

I still can't imagine how you hit your nose with your wrist.

Comment

Looking at this picture, looks like i probably smacked it with the knuckle of my thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              I still can't imagine how you hit your nose with your wrist.

It is pretty easy to do; the first knuckle of your thumb is normally what wacks you. A lose hold can do it and not having the butt firmly in "The pocket" vs just having it against your shoulder will also do it. The first time I ever shot a shotgun as a kid it knocked the shit out of my face and scared me to death. Going from a .22 to 16ga taught me a lesson really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                You do realize armor that "prevents penetration," such as kevlar, will still make your stomach touch your spine when it absorbs that energy?
                                Police officer friend of mine took a .380 point blank on the vest in the chest area and it disabled him enough the perp was able to wrestle him down before the perp was ventilated by backup officers. Cop is a big boy, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X