Ammo prices are absolutely insane right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
    I shipped like 30 boxes of ammo to my cousin when I came down south, 41lbs worth of .300 PRC and 6.5 PRC. Made it from NC to Tyler, TX, then disappeared. To ship ammo, you have to put a sticker on it and I’m guessing somebody knew what it was and snagged it. The gun shop owner here in Alaska has said every shipment he has gotten in lately has been missing at least several cases.
    I had a shipment go missing from the UPS facility. I know the driver, he said it got scanned on his truck, when he got to my house, the box wasn't on his truck.

Comment

• seeing more and more ammo at Bass Pro shop. A six months ago, nothing would make it past 10am. 3 months ago, it wouldnt make it past noon.

The other day i walked in around 7pm on a weekday and still saw a fairly loaded ammo cart, and seen more ammo on the cart the previous few visits so it seems consistent.

It's an encouraging sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        seeing more and more ammo at Bass Pro shop. A six months ago, nothing would make it past 10am. 3 months ago, it wouldnt make it past noon.

The other day i walked in around 7pm on a weekday and still saw a fairly loaded ammo cart, and seen more ammo on the cart the previous few visits so it seems consistent.

It's an encouraging sign.
        I work next to the grapevine location. I might swing in there at lunch this week and see whats up.

Thanks!

Comment

• For what I know, they haul out a cart when they open and another at noon or a bit before. I go at noon and the most common ammo is usual gone. The last month there has been left over stock. The rack is behind the knife case counter now as before it was behind the gun case.

Comment

• I keep seeing more and more notices of in-stock ammo from all my online retailers that i follow.

The end might be in sight of the shortages, so many a drop in ammo prices will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              I keep seeing more and more notices of in-stock ammo from all my online retailers that i follow.

The end might be in sight of the shortages, so many a drop in ammo prices will follow.
              When I saw 22 LR I knew it was over!
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                When I saw 22 LR I knew it was over!
                Yeah, this past week SGA sent me an email stating they had the "bucket O' Bullets" in stock, and Sports World here in Tulsa advertised 9 mm by the case! Only thing that's still scarce here is 380, but it can be had on AMMOSEEK.
                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• I finally found .300 blackout subsonic rounds... paid double what they used to cost, but I need them for coyote so I ordered a few boxes.

Comment

• Stopped in an Academy in Cedar Park yesterday. They had some ammo on the shelf. 2 box limit. I scooped a 9mm range pack and some 22 for a "reasonable" price..
                    Maybe things are settling

Comment

• Around my area if you have a .500 magnum, 458 Socom, 338 Lapua, 10 or 28 gauge then everything is fine. Did see several 50 round boxes of .22 going for $10 each.

Comment

• I did notice online usuals are getting bulk cases back now and prices are “dropping” but still nowhere near where I will buy yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          I did notice online usuals are getting bulk cases back now and prices are “dropping” but still nowhere near where I will buy yet.
                          I've been buying in bulk for sometime now during the pandemic/ammo shortage. I won't pay outrageous prices but I'll pay what the going rate is right now. I still shoot a lot and want to make sure I have enough to take a class or do a 3 or 4 range sessions. I used to buy last minute and now keep in stock. I consider it like when gas prices go up. I'll pay it but limit myself to what I do and try to keep the tank full in case there is a shortage.

Comment

• Found some reman. for $.50/rd and free shipping for the weekend special on freedommunitions.com. For that, I'll try 200 rds. Still too expensive, IMO, but best price I've seen in quite a while.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Around my area if you have a .500 magnum, 458 Socom, 338 Lapua, 10 or 28 gauge then everything is fine. Did see several 50 round boxes of .22 going for $10 each.
                              Where is this elusive 10ga ammo?
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                                Where is this elusive 10ga ammo?
                                410 was beyond outrageous the other day also.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X