Thinking about a 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    I won't tell you what to do, but I will tell you that on some of my firearms, I have painted the front sights a more easily seen color. It cost me 12 cents in paint, and made the world a better place.
    That's what I've been looking out for. I've actually got a ton of old testors model paint that would probably work very well.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I won't tell you what to do, but I will tell you that on some of my firearms, I have painted the front sights a more easily seen color. It cost me 12 cents in paint, and made the world a better place.
      I own one of the earlier models that look traditional. However, the newer models have a huge rail which is awesome. Their design is superior, to diassemble you just grab the trigger guard and pull... done. As for the mkII.... let's just say the mkII shaped holes in my last two houses speak for themselves... and I consider myself a patient guy.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I own one of the earlier models that look traditional. However, the newer models have a huge rail which is awesome. Their design is superior, to diassemble you just grab the trigger guard and pull... done. As for the mkII.... let's just say the mkII shaped holes in my last two houses speak for themselves... and I consider myself a patient guy.
        Yeah, the Rugers are a royal PITA. I'll keep my buckmarks. I would be interested in shooting that smith though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          I have 4 .22 pistols, and the best shooting/designed is my s&w 22a without a doubt. My fancy stainless bull barrel ruger mkII would be second. And the 22a's are stupid cheap, I highly recommend them. I have to laugh at myself, a year ago I would have been calling myself a jackass for this post, speaking ill of thy masterful mkII.
          I picked up a S&W 22A a little while ago and I am pretty impressed with the way it shoots for the money. I inherited a 1960s High Standard Supermatic Citation from my father and it is the best shooting .22 pistol I've ever shot.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Hell, I just left Dicks...

$224 OTD with 525rds of Remmington .22LR
            Ditto. They still had 3 with wood stocks and 3 with synthetic.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Spent the afternoon over at BassPro looking at all the different scopes and I've decided that I'm going to go with the Nikon Prostaff.
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

• Good to know. Are you going to go back tomorrow morning and spend a few hours deciding on a magnification?

Comment

• Originally posted by threefingerpete View Post
                  good to know. Are you going to go back tomorrow morning and spend a few hours deciding on a magnification?
                  lmao!

Comment

Good to know. Are you going to go back tomorrow morning and spend a few hours deciding on a magnification?
                    Ha, no. 3-9x40 is more than enough for around here IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Ha, no. 3-9x40 is more than enough for around here IMO.
                      I have a 3-9x40 on my savage .22 and anything past 50 yards I wish it had more scope on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                        I have a 3-9x40 on my savage .22 and anything past 50 yards I wish it had more scope on it.
                        Hmm, interesting. Are you going to bump up to a 4-12x40? I looked at a few of these as well, just think it'd be a little much. I doubt I'll be aiming at anything more than 100 yards out.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          Hmm, interesting. Are you going to bump up to a 4-12x40? I looked at a few of these as well, just think it'd be a little much. I doubt I'll be aiming at anything more than 100 yards out.
                          I need to. With a 22 its hard to see the tiny holes with a 3-9x40 at 100yds

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                            I need to. With a 22 its hard to see the tiny holes with a 3-9x40 at 100yds
                            That's why I just bought a spotting scope. You're right, it sucks but it's good enough to aim with. The spotting scope is universally useful too for other rounds...ranges...etc.

Edit: What I did before was put down about 10-20 rounds until a bigger hole was made so I could see where I as hitting. Otherwise, waiting for a cease fire blows.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• 100 dollars for the 3x9x40, black...standard reticle.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Thats a step down from the glass on my Savage .308, I have the Buckmaster in the same magnification and I love it. Perfect for what I am doing with it out here. I'm probably just going to put a red dot on the 10/22 and do some varminting though

Comment

Working...
                                X