No announcement yet.

Thinking about a 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22LR. You're not going to find a ton of cheap L, and there's not a point in hunting for it. If you want a WMR 10/22, you're going to have to either build one, or buy one used, and a magnum 10/22 might not cycle with .22LR.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      .22LR. You're not going to find a ton of cheap L, and there's not a point in hunting for it. If you want a WMR 10/22, you're going to have to either build one, or buy one used, and a magnum 10/22 might not cycle with .22LR.
      I figured I'd .22LR was the standard. I'm planning on picking one up this weekend from CTD.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Ya, my NAA is a .22 Mag because it takes both, but with the 10/22, Yale covered it.

Comment

I'm seeing everything from a 1:14 twist up to a 1:19 twist. I've found a Remington 597 with a 20" barrel with a 1:14 twist and I've found a Savage with a 20.5" barrel with a 1:16 twist. Is that half an inch going to make that big of a difference? A lower twist ratio typically means it's better to use lighter ammo, correct?
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

My wife says a half inch makes a difference.

Comment

Do NOT overthink this purchase. Just buy a damn .22.

Comment

Do NOT overthink this purchase. Just buy a damn .22.
                I'm not trying to over think the purchase, I want to know that I'm buying this rifle, set up this way, so I should be using this ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  I'm not trying to over think the purchase, I want to know that I'm buying this rifle, set up this way, so I should be using this ammo.
                  Then you ARE overthinking this purchase. Buy a .22 that feels comfortable to hold, and light enough to lug all over creation. You'll be fine if you do that.

Comment

Then you ARE overthinking this purchase. Buy a .22 that feels comfortable to hold, and light enough to lug all over creation. You'll be fine if you do that.
                    Here's what's sparked my interest most...
                    Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

Thoughts?

Comment

I'm not too familiar with them, but they seem to be popular.

Comment

My dad bought an International model 10/22 in the late 60's or very early 70's. It is one of the first rifles I ever shot. Such a great gun. I have two and they are lots of fun!

Comment

Here's what's sparked my interest most...
                          Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

Thoughts?
                          Here's an honest opinion. I have marlins, savages, and other .22's. You are a fool if you don't get a 10/22. It's the only one of the bunch that has any real future as far as modifications and freedom to adapt it. I could not fathom buying any other .22 rifle.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            Here's an honest opinion. I have marlins, savages, and other .22's. You are a fool if you don't get a 10/22. It's the only one of the bunch that has any real future as far as modifications and freedom to adapt it. I could not fathom buying any other .22 rifle.
                            agreed 100%

also check out rimfirecentral.com

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Can one be had for under $300?

Comment

Can one be had for under $300?
                                I don't even think they make one that expensive. They are between 180-250 last time I checked.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X