Gunsmith recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunsmith recommendation

I have a shotgun that was my grandfathers that i'm interested in having fully broken down and cleaned. It's a Sears / Ted Williams 20g auto that was made between 1964-1968. It was my grandfather's who passed away in '72 and the gun has been sitting at my grandmother's house. I took possession of it from her a few months ago and have started using it recreationally when we go to my wife's family's ranch and shoot clays. It's in excellent condition cosmetically and has worked really well except on occasion doesn't want to fully eject the empty shell. Looks a little gunked up internally. Otherwise it's really comfortable and pretty accurate to shoot.

So, does anyone have a gunsmith they can recommend? I live in Frisco and work in Irving. Thanks in advance.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Ask CJ...

Comment

There is a gunsmith right on the corner of Beltline Rd and Pioneer south of 183 that is next to the Big 'y' pawn shop,
      Lee's Gun parts
      http://www.leesgunparts.com
      972) 790-0773

I know he does alot of work on the LEO's firearms here in Irving.
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Dan View Post
        Ask CJ...
        Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          There is a gunsmith right on the corner of Beltline Rd and Pioneer south of 183 that is next to the Big 'y' pawn shop,
          Lee's Gun parts
          972) 790-0773

And probably has all the parts to your gun too.... Everytime I needed a part, he had it.

Comment

Lee's Gun parts
            972) 790-0773

Thanks. I'll contact him tomorrow. I checked with Ray's Sporting Goods in Dallas because i've heard great things about them. It's $87 and the turn time is 3-4 weeks.

Marcus

Comment

$87???? to take a shotgun apart clean it and reasemble?

Holy hell I wish I could get that my customers bitch at $45

Comment

Lee's Gun parts
                972) 790-0773

This.

We've had to buy parts from him for our shop.
                Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

That's ridiculous expensive.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                    This.

We've had to buy parts from him for our shop.
                    I'll try and call again today. When I called last week I kept getting a busy signal.

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
                      Thanks. I'll contact him tomorrow. I checked with Ray's Sporting Goods in Dallas because i've heard great things about them. It's $87 and the turn time is 3-4 weeks.
                      Marcus
                      They're priced it that way intentionally. They don't want that business.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Lee's Gun parts
                        972) 790-0773

I've tried calling this number numerous times and it's always busy. Can anyone confirm this is the correct phone number?

Marcus

Comment

Seem's to be the same number the yellow pages has for him. I will go by today and see if he has an alt number.
                          Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Seem's to be the same number the yellow pages has for him. I will go by today and see if he has an alt number.
                            Thanks. Post up if there is another number. Otherwise i'll keep trying the number I have.

Marcus

Comment

Working...
                            X