No announcement yet.

New build (NOT an AR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why a whole MOA per click on the scope - that's a HUGE adjustment?

I'd figure Leupold would at least offer 1/4 MOA per click. That rifle could effectively use 1/8 MOA per click.

But the BDC setup for .308 is awesome. Like you said - no math. No math = no dope book.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post

I'd figure Leupold would at least offer 1/4 MOA per click. That rifle could effectively use 1/8 MOA per click.

But the BDC setup for .308 is awesome. Like you said - no math. No math = no dope book.
      I could have easily bought a 1/4 moa M1 turret scope but I wanted simple, fast, no math. I shot this same scope out to 750 from 500 in odd increments very easily. We even tried a few 1500 yard shots using this same one and the TMR (reticle). Didn't hit shit but the round landed in the "area" we were aiming at.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

im getting one by december.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Good looking build man. And I wouldn't call them slips with the dremel as much as I would call them character modifications, .
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
            Good looking build man. And I wouldn't call them slips with the dremel as much as I would call them character modifications, .
            I agree. As long as it shoots straight.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              im getting one by december.
              If you can stand the wait let Badger install the mag well set.

Comment

Wow, that was a lot more "adjustment" than I was thinking you would have to do to the stock. End product looks great, nice setup man.

Skidmark your 700 was a nice rifle. Very good combination, would like to work mine up to something like that one of these days.
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                  Wow, that was a lot more "adjustment" than I was thinking you would have to do to the stock. End product looks great, nice setup man.

Skidmark your 700 was a nice rifle. Very good combination, would like to work mine up to something like that one of these days.
                  If I had a mill/bridgport I could have done a better job I think. All I had at my disposal when I started was my Dremel and a few bits (stone and sand wheels). I am sure there was a better bit to use.

After all the aftermarket stuff I have done over the past 20 years nothing suprises me anymore.

Skidmark's .223 was a neat little shooter.

Slow, what kind of rifle are you starting with?

Comment

oh lawdy lawdy lawdy...:x Time for a tabletop drill press and a set of endmill bits.

oh, and for the record, that scroll blower in your picture... is awesome. I had one, damn that thing was my favorite fan ever. Some asshat jacked it from the driveway of my last place. I miss that thing all the time.
                    Last edited by CJ; 09-21-2011, 09:01 AM.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      oh lawdy lawdy lawdy...:x Time for a tabletop drill press and a set of endmill bits.

oh, and for the record, that scroll blower in your picture... is awesome. I had one, damn that thing was my favorite fan ever. Some asshat jacked it from the driveway of my last place. I miss that thing all the time.
                      I contemplated buying a $119 drill press and some bits. If I have to do this again I will.

I bought the fan from a pawn shop in south arlington. I only mods I have made to it were to scratch through the name "CJ" engraved in it.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I contemplated buying a $119 drill press and some bits. If I have to do this again I will.

I bought the fan from a pawn shop in south arlington. I only mods I have made to it were to scratch through the name "CJ" engraved in it.
                        yeah that's probably my stolen fan you son of a bitch! lol
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post

Good luck with that! no dope book thing
                          Last edited by dmdakota; 09-23-2011, 03:00 PM.
                          "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
                          who vote for a living."

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            If I had a mill/bridgport I could have done a better job I think. All I had at my disposal when I started was my Dremel and a few bits (stone and sand wheels). I am sure there was a better bit to use.

After all the aftermarket stuff I have done over the past 20 years nothing suprises me anymore.

Skidmark's .223 was a neat little shooter.

Slow, what kind of rifle are you starting with?
                            I know Dremel has a little drill press "attachment", although the clearance might have been tight for this project.

I'm starting with the same, a Rem 700 SPS Tac. in .308. Other than a $15 scope it is bone stock. (I will be stepping it up to at least a Nikon Buckmaster in 2 weeks).

Obviously its too late for your project, there is an Australian company called Atlasworx selling bottom metal for <$100 (group buy price, normal price is in the $120 range). They aren't real well know but a couple of people on there have purchased them and say there are good quality. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...18#Post2792218
                            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                              I know Dremel has a little drill press "attachment", although the clearance might have been tight for this project.

I'm starting with the same, a Rem 700 SPS Tac. in .308. Other than a $15 scope it is bone stock. (I will be stepping it up to at least a Nikon Buckmaster in 2 weeks).

Obviously its too late for your project, there is an Australian company called Atlasworx selling bottom metal for <$100 (group buy price, normal price is in the $120 range). They aren't real well know but a couple of people on there have purchased them and say there are good quality. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...18#Post2792218
                              $120....is way cheaper than $400 for the Badger stuff. I may buy one for another gun.

If you pick it up let us know how the install goes.

Comment

Harbor Freight sells one of those scroll fans. I picked mine up with a couple of discounts for like 35 bucks. Puts out a lot of air. Just FYI.

Here ya go.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X