Rifle length handguard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle length handguard...

What all would have to be done to get a "Rifle length handguard" (14") to fit onto a 16 inch barrel? Would it just be installing a low profile gas block?
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
    What all would have to be done to get a "Rifle length handguard" (14") to fit onto a 16 inch barrel? Would it just be installing a low profile gas block?
    Either a low profile gas block or with a regular A2 style gas block. I think a low profile will look better compared to the A2 on a 16" barrel, but that's just me.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I just didn't know if that's all you had to do. Wanted to make sure before I buy anything. I'm thinking about doing a budget build and there is a gun show here this weekend, so I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the input.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

heavy gun alert.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I did a cheap A2 build with full length hand guards and a 16" carbine barrel. It has a low profile gas block and the front sight moved forward to accommodate the hand guards.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            heavy gun alert.
            I have a 16" AR with a 14.75" handguard that weighs in at just over 6 lbs unloaded. IMO that is not heavy.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
              I have a 16" AR with a 14.75" handguard that weighs in at just over 6 lbs unloaded. IMO that is not heavy.
              That is pretty light. Are you sure though? My 16" AR with nothing on it (and I mean completely stripped without optics) weighs about 6 3/4lbs. I can't imagine a rifle length metal guard weighs less than a carbine length plastic handguard.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have a bull barrel and a rifle length rail on mine. It is heavy, but not too heavy to not be carried into the woods!

I took a regular gas block to a bench grider and shaved it down to fit. Then took some sand paper to it and smoothed everything out. After finished Duracoated it and it looks like it came that way....

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  That is pretty light. Are you sure though? My 16" AR with nothing on it (and I mean completely stripped without optics) weighs about 6 3/4lbs. I can't imagine a rifle length metal guard weighs less than a carbine length plastic handguard.
                  Honestly I didn't weigh it, but that's what LaRue claims. It is light as hell, I will say that.

Here is the link: Look under the Features tab

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    I have a bull barrel and a rifle length rail on mine. It is heavy, but not too heavy to not be carried into the woods!

I took a regular gas block to a bench grider and shaved it down to fit. Then took some sand paper to it and smoothed everything out. After finished Duracoated it and it looks like it came that way....

Good looking rifle man. And nice foam cutting, lol. A lot more of a PITA than people know until they have done it.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I don't have a scale that can measure under 10 lbs, so I just got on our regular scale. Only a rough estimate because it only measures in 1/2 lb increments but as the rifle sits now it said that the difference in weight between me alone and me with the rifle is 8.5 lbs. Now the scope, mount, magpul bad lever, magpul AFG2, and BCM large charging handle all together weigh about 2 lbs, so that drops it to around 6.5 lbs, give the play of the scale I'd say LaRue is probably not fibbing much about the 6.25 lbs. Either way, it's a pretty light rifle.

On a side note, I don't expect my "budget build" to be as light as my current setup.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

In other words: " I don't know how much my rifle weighs"

Comment

Sure I don't know the exact weight, but it's not much more than the factory claimed, which is 6.25 lbs.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I'm going to dig it up anyway. I've had the urge to change the hand guard on my AR to rifle length. I plan to stick with an MOE hand guard. It has a carbine length on it now with a standard A2 sight block. I understand my options are:

1. Cut down sight block and install a new one on the front of the rifle
                            or
                            2. install a low pro gas block and move the A2 sight to the front.

My question is, how difficult is it to remove the sight block and move it to the front of the rifle? Will it simply slide down the barrel after I remove the pins? Or if I cut down the existing A2, will the new one simply slide onto the front of the barrel, install roll pins and be done?
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              I know this is an old thread but I'm going to dig it up anyway. I've had the urge to change the hand guard on my AR to rifle length. I plan to stick with an MOE hand guard. It has a carbine length on it now with a standard A2 sight block. I understand my options are:

1. Cut down sight block and install a new one on the front of the rifle
                              or
                              2. install a low pro gas block and move the A2 sight to the front.

My question is, how difficult is it to remove the sight block and move it to the front of the rifle? Will it simply slide down the barrel after I remove the pins? Or if I cut down the existing A2, will the new one simply slide onto the front of the barrel, install roll pins and be done?
                              Buy a low profile gas block that uses set screws to run your carbine gas tube.

Push A2 sight to the front, take it to MGS and have them drill the barrel in the new rifle length locaion.

The rub is, what is the barrel profile? It has to be the same diameter at the front where the A2 FSB will sit as it was in the carbine position.

It is pretty simple to do. I built a 16" mid length gas gun with A2 FSB and rifle length MOE. Very fun gun to shoot with the long sight radius.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X