Cement Mixer brass tumbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
    If this fails and you go back to rigging something unconventional up, consider an industrial concrete vibrator as your motor. Just a thought. I've seen where they wrecked 1" plywood forms from overuse in a pour.
    It's just too loud. I looked into those and ceramic vibratory motors. They are unbelievably loud.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I don't remember them being that loud, but only used them outside and with a generator running them, so can't say.

Hey did you ever consider the mixer idea, but coating the interior with some really thick coats of bedliner?

Comment

clean that brass

bed liner is too hard......you'll dent the brass. I tried the crap you use to dip tool handles in but after about 2-3k rnds it starts peeling off...big mess.

Comment

I ended up going with a huge vibratory tumbler. I can get 1000 .223 done at a time, which works for now. But, I still intend to build a large rotary when I have a place to put it.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Hell, get an old Briggs and Stratton law mower engine with a bent shaft. Should provide plenty of vibration...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
            X