Some Old Reloading stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Old Reloading stuff

I forgot I had this old RCBS die box snapped a few pics of the box and paper inside thought some of ya'll might enjoy.

Anyone care to guess what caliber the "22 var" is?

A little older than I originally thought seem to be 1961 vintage.

Too bad die prices aren't like this these days.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

.22 varmint/.22-250?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Nice torque wrench I have the same one.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        .22 varmint/.22-250?
        Yep, wasn't called the 22-250Remington till 1965. I used to have the reamer and gauges for the chambering as well but haven't seen them in a few years.

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
        Nice torque wrench I have the same one.
        It's pretty nice, love the fact that it re-calibrates itself when ever it's turned on.

Comment

That is BITCHIN', man!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have shit loads of old old dies/bullets/reloading stuff. I got a set of primers from DieselSmoke from what looks like the 1920's.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              I have shit loads of old old dies/bullets/reloading stuff. I got a set of primers from DieselSmoke from what looks like the 1920's.
              I have some rifle and pistol primers from the 70's that I use for fire forming brass.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                I have some rifle and pistol primers from the 70's that I use for fire forming brass.
                Usually I get large quantities of older reloading components because someone died. 90% of my bullets are from the 1950's-1970's as luck would have it. But lately I've come across some really old stuff, from turn of the century. I even have 1,000 corrosive mercury primers (which I'm not sure what I'll do with). There's something incredible about old packaging, I hang onto the more ornate packaging because it's pretty cool. The 1,000 primers I have from the 1920's are in a wooden box. Even the primers themselves are in wooden sleeves. Pretty neat.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Usually I get large quantities of older reloading components because someone died. 90% of my bullets are from the 1950's-1970's as luck would have it. But lately I've come across some really old stuff, from turn of the century. I even have 1,000 corrosive mercury primers (which I'm not sure what I'll do with). There's something incredible about old packaging, I hang onto the more ornate packaging because it's pretty cool. The 1,000 primers I have from the 1920's are in a wooden box. Even the primers themselves are in wooden sleeves. Pretty neat.
                  Lost a lot of stuff like that when our loading room got broke into when moving. Lost a keg of 4895 and moving tub full dies and various bullets and powders, pissed my dad off enough he never touched the stuff again till he helped my load it in my truck. Also lost all but a few pieces of bullet swagging stuff, fuckers took the press and most of the dies and hardware that goes with it. Most of my dies are probably as old as those 250 dies I just don't have any boxes with them, also have a few that were made by companies that were either bought out by RCBS or Redding.

I would ditch the mercury primers if I were you that stuff is nasty, maybe if the box is marked use it for decorating your gun or reloading room.

Comment

I got a set of primers from DieselSmoke from what looks like the 1920's.
                    Really? I knew some of that stuff was old but not that old. But it wouldn't surprise me considering who i got all that stuff from. My wife's family has lived on that property since the early 1900's.

Load it up, see if it still fires. lol...
                    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                      Really? I knew some of that stuff was old but not that old. But it wouldn't surprise me considering who i got all that stuff from. My wife's family has lived on that property since the early 1900's.

Load it up, see if it still fires. lol...
                      Oh yeah it's old old. Most of the bullets are pre war.

Comment

Oh yeah it's old old. Most of the bullets are pre war.
                        That's cool, glad you researched all that stuff. It was going to waste in my garage.
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                        X