No announcement yet.

AR questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a couple of people at work have been seeing me read up on AR parts. And none of them have built an AR but are saying the best thing to do is get an upper already built. Because so much could go wrong if done incorrectly. Good advice or not?

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
      So a couple of people at work have been seeing me read up on AR parts. And none of them have built an AR but are saying the best thing to do is get an upper already built. Because so much could go wrong if done incorrectly. Good advice or not?
      My first 4 builds I did were with uppers already assembled. My current build I am using a bare upper and doing it myself. All my parts are here and I mocked it up the other night. Too easy. Lube barrel nut threads, torque barrel to 30lbs, align barrel nut to next gas notch remove and repeat 4-5 times. Tighten back down to 30lbs and align to next gas notch one last time. Install gas tube and front sight or gas block. Install gas tube roll pin. You get the picture.

I am hosting a AR15 build party on the 8th. There may be a few other uppers getting built.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
        I already posted this above...but you should definitely get this for your first build. All you would need is a rear sight. Magpuls flip-up is under $40 and works great.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...er&groupid=228

It comes with Bolt Carrier group ($135 value), ST-T2 Tungsten powder filled buffer ($30 value), and Magpul MOE midlength handguards ($25 value). That's almost $200 bucks worth of crap you won't have to buy. Spike's makes good stuff...I knew these were coming available but got impatient and went with a RRA upper instead. Got it for the same price but ended up having to pay tax. On this there is no tax and free shipping, you can't beat this deal. I'd order quick though..as the last lot w/o the magpul handguards went very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          My first 4 builds I did were with uppers already assembled. My current build I am using a bare upper and doing it myself. All my parts are here and I mocked it up the other night. Too easy. Lube barrel nut threads, torque barrel to 30lbs, align barrel nut to next gas notch remove and repeat 4-5 times. Tighten back down to 30lbs and align to next gas notch one last time. Install gas tube and front sight or gas block. Install gas tube roll pin. You get the picture.

I am hosting a AR15 build party on the 8th. There may be a few other uppers getting built.
          I might see if I can make it just to watch and learn. I won't have any of my parts by then but would be good learning?

And I was looking at that upper! It's kind of pricy and I'd like to buy it but I dunno if I wanna throw that much down right now. Although it does look like a good one.

Comment

Working...
          X